Real Organization XIII
|This article requires cleanup or improvement.
Issues: add cites and storylinks for pretty much everything
|You may be looking for the original Organization XIII.|
The real Organization XIII (真のXIII機関 Shin no Jūsan Kikan ), also known as the thirteen seekers of darkness (13人の闇の探求者 Jūsannin no Yami no Tankyūsha ) or simply Organization XIII or the Organization, is a group consisting of thirteen different incarnations of Master Xehanort who seek to reforge the χ-blade and unlock the original Kingdom Hearts to remake the world. They serve as the final antagonists of the Dark Seeker Saga.
The true purpose of the original Organization XIII led by Xemnas was for each of the Nobody members to host a fragment of Master Xehanort's heart, turning them into clones of Xehanort. The members' unforeseen independence made this goal impossible to realize. However, in anticipation of this failure, Master Xehanort had arranged to send Ansem, Seeker of Darkness back in time to his youth to meet Young Xehanort, allowing him to travel to different periods of time and gather different incarnations of Xehanort, thus creating the new Organization XIII.
Due to the time-traveling nature of many of the hearts comprising the Organization, future members first appeared in Kingdom Hearts, with at least one member making an appearance in every game since. As a group, it was first alluded to by Yen Sid in "Signs of What's Next" when he claims that one Keyblade Master will not be enough to counter what is "not a single one of Xehanort", before making its official introduction in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
Unlike the original Organization XIII, the real Organization XIII is not composed exclusively of Nobodies; some of the members are complete people, while others are time-traveling hearts hosted within replica bodies. Despite full knowledge of the purpose of this new Organization, many members use it as a means to fulfill their own independent goals rather than out of loyalty to Xehanort.
Before Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Young Xehanort was visited by his future self's Heartless Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and told of the great plans Master Xehanort has in store. Given his task, but limited by the rules of time travel, Xehanort left his body behind and journeyed into the future to make contact with the right hearts needed for the backup Organization.
Before Kingdom Hearts
Young Xehanort recruited Vanitas, whose heart was incomplete without Ventus's heart, and brought him to the future.
Young Xehanort arrived after the creation of Terra-Xehanort, and collected his heart as well.
At some point prior to his defeat at the World of Nothingness, Xemnas's heart is collected by Young Xehanort so he can be made a member of the real Organization.
After Ansem, Seeker of Darkness takes his own form from Riku's body, his heart is collected by Young Xehanort.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Young Xehanort arrived in the days after the original Organization XIII finished filling its ranks. He collected the heart of Xion, before her personality had taken shape.
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts coded
With the demise of Ansem and Xemnas, both Terra and Master Xehanort are re-completed as separate beings. However, Terra’s heart was still trapped inside Dark Figure, thus allowing Young Xehanort to implant Terra-Xehanort's heart into him.
Young Xehanort arrives at the Heartless Manufactory just as Ansem the Wise's apprentices revive, and before they awaken. He wakes Braig and informs him that, due to the failure of the original Organization XIII, the real Organization XIII must be completed. Braig agrees to be turned back into his Nobody, Xigbar, and they select Isa to join as well, in the form of Saïx, before leaving.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Although Even was also revived, he remained comatose due to the grievous wounds Axel had inflicted upon his body when he destroyed Vexen. Once he finally awoke, he was approached by Saïx and invited to return to being Vexen, under the pretense of continuing his research on replicas, while in truth plotting to sabotage the Organization's plans to absolve the pair's prior misdeeds.
With Vexen's stock of replicas, Young Xehanort was able to deposit his own heart, as well as those he had collected from the past, into new bodies, allowing them to begin operations. Vexen and Demyx were demoted to reserves, while with their new bodies, Ansem, Xemnas, Young Xehanort, Vanitas, and the Riku Replica, now called "Dark Riku", work together to put Master Xehanort's plan into motion, interfering with Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery exam within the Sleeping Worlds in order to lure Sora to The World That Never Was so that they can abduct him and make him one of Xehanort's vessels.
Having baited Sora to The World That Never Was, Young Xehanort is aided by Xemnas and Xigbar in trapping the Keyblade wielder deep within the abyss of sleep. Afterward, he ferries the boy to Where Nothing Gathers in the real world and convenes eleven of the Organization's current thirteen members, excluding Xion, Vexen, and Demyx to await the completion of Master Xehanort's revival.
Master Xehanort attempts to make Sora into the final vessel, but when Sora is rescued by Riku, Mickey, and company, the Organization disperses to their proper times, while Master Xehanort remains confident that in time he will complete his Organization.
Kingdom Hearts III
Members of the real Organization are dispersed across different worlds to complete different tasks and antagonize Sora, Donald, Goofy, and their allies. While Sora rescues Aqua and Ventus to complete the Seven Guardians of Light, the Organization also fills out its ranks. Because Master Xehanort was unable to make Sora his final vessel, he instead recreates Xion by using her heart from recorded data to take his place as the thirteenth member. 
All thirteen members of the real Organization confront the opposing guardians at the Keyblade Graveyard, sending endless armies of Heartless, Nobodies, and Unversed to test their worth. After their opponents managed to survive the waves of monsters, Master Xehanort and his newly formed Organization meet them at the crossroads for the final showdown. He creates a maze and dispersed the members into different groups to fight the guardians.
One by one, the Organization members are defeated. Terra-Xehanort's heart is set free by Sora, allowing Terra's heart to return to his body and sending Terra-Xehanort's back to its own time. The hearts of Young Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, and Dark Riku are likewise sent back to their own times, while their replica bodies are destroyed, with the exception of Dark Riku's – Riku Replica removed Dark Riku's heart from the body, allowing Naminé to use the now-empty replica to return to life. With the help of Roxas, Xion's real heart leaves Sora's and takes over the replica body mid-fight, causing Xion to defect from the Organization. Saïx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene are all eliminated and subsequently recompleted as humans. Master Xehanort is the last Organization member to fall, departing for the afterlife upon defeat.
Although Xigbar was presumed to have died, he merely departed the battleground after his defeat.
Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind
One year following Xehanort's defeat and Sora's disappearance, Riku goes to visit Squall Leonhart, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid to have them help in their search for Sora. Cid reveals he has put together a program that would allow a data-based version of Sora to battle against the data-based copies he created of the members of the real Organization XIII, hoping that doing so would provide them with a clue into the real Sora's whereabouts. However, the plan ultimately fails once these battles have concluded, putting the group back to square one again.
By the time the real Organization XIII is ready to re-enact the Keyblade War, they are composed of thirteen active members, with two additional members serving as reserves. Finally, Vexen's original twelve prototype replicas are kept as a last resort as Replica Xehanorts, to replenish their ranks should the need arise.
|Main||Master Xehanort||No Name
|Master Xehanort is his recompleted self in human form. He was destroyed, and ascended to the afterlife.|
|Main||Young Xehanort||Young Xehanort's Keyblade
|Young Xehanort's heart, taken from the past, was implanted in one of Vexen's replicas. He was destroyed, and his heart returned to the past.|
|Terra-Xehanort's heart from the past was implanted into Terra's recompleted body in the present. Terra's heart was returned to his body, expelling Terra-Xehanort's heart back to the past.|
|Main||Ansem, Seeker of Darkness||Ansem's heart, taken from the past, was implanted in one of Vexen's replicas. He was destroyed, and his heart returned to the past to a point prior to his defeat.|
|Xemnas's heart, taken from the past, was implanted in one of Vexen's replicas. He was destroyed, and his heart returned to the past to a point prior to his defeat.|
|Vanitas's heart, taken from the past, was implanted in one of Vexen's replicas. He was destroyed, and his heart returned to the past to a point prior to his defeat.|
|Braig agreed to return to his Nobody form, Xigbar. He is still alive, and is presumed to have returned to human form.|
|Even agreed to return to his Nobody form, Vexen. He survived the war and returned to human form.|
|Isa agreed to return to his Nobody form, Saïx. He is still alive, having returned to human form after his defeat.|
|Demyx's human self agreed to return to his Nobody form. He is presumed to have survived the war and returned to human form.|
|Luxord's human self agreed to return to his Nobody form. He is presumed to have returned to human form after his defeat.|
|Lauriam agreed to return to his Nobody form, Marluxia. He is presumed to have returned to human form after his defeat.|
|Elrena agreed to return to her Nobody form, Larxene. She is presumed to have returned to human form after her defeat.|
|Main||Dark Riku||Soul Eater
|The Riku Replica's heart was implanted in one of Vexen's replicas. Upon defeat, his heart was expelled from its vessel by its present day counterpart and returned to the past, and his perfected replica body was left behind and recovered by the guardians.|
|Main||Xion||Replica Kingdom Key
|Xion's heart, recreated from Vexen's records, was implanted in one of his replicas. She survived the war, having defected to the guardians after Sora returned her original heart.|
Notes and references
- Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind, Master Xehanort: "Ansem and Xemnas originated from Terra, or rather his young form—and it too was restored. However, my heart has returned to me, while his is yet lost. I decided to fill this hollow vessel with my heart—indeed, the very same heart that previously resided within young Terra."
- Kingdom Hearts III, Secret Report 7: "Following my erasure and my recompletion as a human, I did not awaken right away. Perhaps the damage was exceptionally grave."
- Kingdom Hearts III, Secret Report 7: "Yet my stroll was interrupted when a surprising visitor appeared with an unexpected offer. Though younger than me, he'd risen to become Xemnas's right-hand. I accepted his terms and became a Nobody once more—easier to gain access to the old Replica Program that way. Whatever it takes to atone."
- Kingdom Hearts III, Secret Report 8: "Several others who served Xemnas in the old Organization have followed the same course as mine, electing to abandon their newly restored humanity and rejoin the "real" Organization as Nobodies. But not Xemnas. Xemnas cannot exist in the present because there is already a Xehanort here: the old man in charge. The old man's humanity prevents his Heartless and Nobody, others vanquished in the past, and his younger self from being denizens of this time. To circumvent this, Xehanort is using the prototype replicas I created in the past as containers, plucking his other selves' hearts from the time they existed. Xehanort ordered me to refine the prototypes, to make them closer still to the real thing. Perfecting my creations so they may house true, flesh-and-blood humans suits my own purposes as well. All that remains for my atonement is to devise a way to pass on as many of the vessels as I can to those who truly deserve them."
- Kingdom Hearts III, Secret Report 8: "Xehanort seeks to gather twelve vessels, which—together with his true, actual self—he considers the "real" Organization XIII. Now that he has the numbers he needs, Demyx and I are being treated as reserves."
- Kingdom Hearts III Ultimania, Interviewer: "At the end of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, we saw that the New Organization XIII was missing a thirteenth member. Who filled that spot?" / Tetsuya Nomura: "Xion. The twelve members who were gathered in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance were missing the thirteenth, Xion, and reserve members Demyx and Vexen. That part may have felt a bit out of nowhere, and I am thinking of a way to follow-up on it." Translation via Goldpanner.
- Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind, Saïx: "The hearts of Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Riku Replica, and Young Xehanort returned to where they came from, and reassembled once more."
- Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind, Saïx: "The second prototype that was created, No. i. Though erased from memory, it remained in Vexen's records. Its existence is greatly linked to Sora's memories, and thus should prove to be more than adequate for our needs."
- Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind, Saïx: "The being before you was recreated...from the records that were left by Vexen, and the many experiments performed by Young Xehanort."