KHWiki:Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix
From the Kingdom Hearts Wiki: A world of information not accessible by GummishipJump to navigationJump to search
This article was created to celebrate April Fool's Day 2019. Its contents are not official or canon, and should not be taken seriously!
|Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix|
Kingudamu Hātsu III Fainaru Mikkusu
|Release date(s)||April 26, 2019|
|Genre||Action role-playing game|
|Game modes||Single player|
Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix is downloadable content for Kingdom Hearts III.
In an interview with Famitsu, Testuya Nomura revealed the contents of the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix DLC.
Patches to current content
- Attractions will now activate automatically, and they will be unable to be canceled.
- The Theater Mode now has the option of viewing cutscenes in Japanese and English simultaneously, featuring mandatory Mandarin subtitles.
- In an agreement with China's prime minister, Pooh will now be censored in all countries.
- Score requirements for the 100 Acre Wood mini-games have doubled.
- Twilight Town, Keyblade Graveyard, and Scala ad Caelum have been expanded, with Battlegates added.
- The conversations with Naminé and the Nameless Star are now required to continue the story. Missing either or both of the conversations will make the events in the Keyblade Graveyard play out as the first time, and will send Sora back to The Final World again.
- Due to licensing issues with Utada Hikaru, both "Don't Think Twice" and the lyrics to "Face My Fears" have been removed. "Don't Think Twice" is replaced with her other pop hit "Apples and Cinnamon" and "Face my Fears" is now sung by Evanescence.
Several new changes and features have been made to expand on the original release of Kingdom Hearts III:
- Critical Mode has been added as a Difficulty Level, where enemies can defeat Sora in a single hit. Abilities like Second Chance and Withstand Combo have been removed.
- All enemies have been given new color schemes. For example, Xigbar's coat is now hot pink instead of black.
- All Real Organization XIII members now have new weapons. For members in the previous Organization XIII, they wield their joke weapons from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Young Xehanort wields an oversized pendulum, Vanitas wields the Ice Cream shooter from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness wields the stick that Roxas threw at Riku in Kingdom Hearts II, Terra-Xehanort wields a Terra hand puppet, Dark Riku wields random bugs, and Master Xehanort wields an angry goat.
- An extra prologue has been added, featuring Kairi as the playable character. It takes place on Destiny Islands, consists only of mini-games and no combat, and is about the same length as Kingdom Hearts II's prologue.
- Kairi's mini-games, Shaping Sandcastles, Seashell Search, Frisbee Flinging and Riku's Race mini-games have been added.
- Treasure Planet has been added as a world with Ardyn Izunia from Final Fantasy XV acting as the main villain.
- The Millennium Falcon has been added as a Gummi Boss. It has a lot of HP, and may take over an hour to be defeated..
- Arendelle now features a music mini-game similar Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts II.
- The 100 Acre Wood has two more mingames: another Bubble Blaster-style mini-game that features bread harvesting, and fishing-style minigame.
- Sephiroth has been added as a Link.
- The Star Seeker Keychain appears as an unlockable Keyblade for getting in the top 10 for all Classic Kingdom mini-games. If the player gets knocked out of the top 10, Sora will lose the Keyblade immediately.
- Radiant Garden is now a playable world. However, The Caribbean has been removed.
- Tetsuya Nomura, the Foretellers, and Walt Disney appear as bosses in the new battlegates in Scala ad Caelum, Keyblade Graveyard, and Twilight Town.
- Beating Tetsuya Nomura's battlegate in Scala ad Caelum grants the player a new Keychain, Small but Powerful, a palette-swapped version of the Oathkeeper keychain, granting Sora the Spellweaver Formchange.
- Beating Walt Disney's battlegate in Twilight Town grants the player a new Keychain, Walt's Regrets, a palette-swapped version of the End of Pain keychain, granting Sora the Frozen Fortune Formchange.
- Beating the Foretellers' battlegate in the Keyblade Graveyard grants a limited-time code that gives the player a new tail Avatar Part "Dead Strelitzia", in Kingdom Hearts Union χ.
- An extended version of the secret ending, Yozora has been added.
- The cutscene depicts the Master of Masters revealing himself to Luxu as a man named Thanos. He then proceeds to open the black box, revealing an infinity gauntlet, decorated with six infinity stones, each modeled after the seven princesses, save for Kairi.
- Riku and Kairi are then shown sitting on the Paopu tree on Destiny Islands. Here, Kairi shares that she was only a princess of heart because of Aqua's magic. Once she died, she said "oh sh**", the magic words to dispel Aqua's magic, completely invalidating her as a character for the entire series.
Notes and references
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l Weekly Famitsu
- ^ Weekly Famitsu Vol. 1313 (04/01/2019); Tetsuya Nomura: "We've been monitoring player feedback since release, and there were lots of complaints about Radiant Garden not being playable. We've put so much effort in worlds like The Caribbean to make them look really good, but nobody seems to appreciate that. All we got is 'Where's Radiant Garden?', so we decided, screw you, you can have your Radiant Garden, but we'll be taking away our beautiful Caribbean.
- ^ Weekly Famitsu Vol. 1313 (04/01/2019); Tetsuya Nomura: "I've always wanted Marvel to be included in Kingdom Hearts ever since I heard that the big cheese at Disney took over Marvel like the beautiful capitalist he is. Also, I hate Kairi."