Withstand Combo (コンボリーヴ Konbo Rīvu , lit. "Combo Leave"), also translated as Once More, is an ability introduced in Kingdom Hearts II. It allows the user to retain 1 HP after being attacked by a combo that would normally finish them off, provided they have more than 1 HP beforehand.
This ability is invaluable against bosses that attack quickly and relentlessly.
In Kingdom Hearts II, Once More is a support ability that costs 4 AP to equip. The user will remain with 1HP left as long as they don't hit the ground after a combo that lifts them up into the air. The use of Aerial Recovery or Retaliating Slash will cancel Once More once used during a combo that lifts them up into the air. Reverting from a Drive Form also cancels Once More.
In Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Once More is a support ability that can be equipped once. The use of commands such as Firaga Burst or Dark Splicer will keep the user alive even after having taken combos that seemed separate. The user will remain immortal if they keep using commands one right after another. The user will also be able to survive with 1HP while falling after a combo that lifted them up into the air, but only if not a single input (joystick included) was pressed in the meantime.
Learning Once More
Kingdom Hearts II
- Double-Keyblade Roxas has Once More as a default ability.
- Sora learns Once More at level 25 with the Dream Shield, level 28 with the Dream Rod, and level 47 with the Dream Sword.
- Goofy learns Once More after defeating Oogie Boogie in Christmas Town.
- Auron has Once More as a default ability.
- Aladdin has Once More as a default ability.
- Riku has Once More as a default ability.
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- Once More can be attached to a type M or type O Command recipe through Command Melding, either randomly or by applying a Wellspring Crystal.
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
- The Immortal Charm has Once More as its ability.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- Sora and Riku can purchase Once More from the Drak Quack Ability Link for 150 Link Points.
- Sora and Riku can purchase Once More from the Flowbermeow Ability Link for 300 Link Points.
- Sora and Riku can purchase Once More from the Tyranto Rex Ability Link for 300 Link Points.
Kingdom Hearts III
- Sora learns Withstand Combo at level 26 with Power of the Warrior, level 28 with Power of the Mystic, and level 4 with Power of the Guardian.
- Guardian Form has Withstand Combo as a form ability.
- Ultimate Form has Withstand Combo as a form ability.
- Goofy learns Withstand Combo after defeating the Darkubes in San Fransokyo.
- Riku has Withstand Combo as a default ability.
- Aqua has Withstand Combo as a default ability.
- The Star Medal has Withstand Combo as its equipment ability.
Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind
Aqua will survive fatal combo hits with 1 HP by default.