Night of Fate
|Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories|
Night of Fate
|Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories|
Night of Fate
"Night of Fate" is a musical composition by Yoko Shimomura that appears in the Kingdom Hearts series.
"Night of Fate" is the battle theme of Destiny Islands in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories; the battle theme of Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts (first visit only) and Kingdom Hearts coded; and the battle theme of the Destiny Island and Traverse Town areas of Hollow Bastion and Castle Oblivion in Kingdom Hearts coded.
- Traverse Town: Leon
- Traverse Town: "Guard Armor Appears"
- Destiny Islands: "Night of Invasion," "A Storm," "Keyblade"
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
- Disney Castle: "Under Mouse Arrest"
- Traverse Town: "Keyhole"
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- Destiny Islands: Phantom Ursula
- Mysterious Tower: "Night of the Storm"
Kingdom Hearts Union χ
- Daybreak Town: Master Ava, Darklings, Master Ira, Master Aced, Master Invi, Master Gula, Ferocious Fins, Master Aced, Darkling
- Game Central Station: Darkling
- Daybreak Town (Main Story): "Off-Limits", "Master Ava's Guidance", "The Foretellers' Clash", "Darklings", "A Nightmare", "The Foretellers' Chamber", "Recruited by Master Ava", "Number Four", "Surrounded", "Fall to Darkness"
- Keyblade Graveyard: "The Wielders' Brawl", "An Inevitable Clash", "Nightmares Projected", "Severed Bonds"
- Agrabah: "Who is Prince Ali?"
- Enchanted Dominion: "Spell of Thorns", "To the Castle"
- Game Central Station: "A New Portal", "Not... You", "A World Connected"
Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover
- "The Clash"
Kingdom Hearts III
- Combat tutorials
- Twilight Town: Heartless and Nobodies outside the Old Mansion
- Twilight Town: "Ansem and Xemnas"
Kingdom Hearts Dark Road
- Scala ad Caelum: "Doubt", "VS Vidar"
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory
- "KINGDOM HEARTS: Chapter 2"
- "Lost Memories"
"Night of Fate" is approximately two minutes and six seconds long in Kingdom Hearts. In Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, the piece is approximately two minutes and thirty-one seconds. The piano version is extended to a total of four minutes and three seconds. The in-game versions have a time signature of 5/4 time. In Kingdom Hearts, the piece has a tempo of 174 beats per minute. In Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, the tempo remains at a "presto" speed, but lowers one click to 173 beats per minute. For both Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, the tempo is 175 beats per minute. The piano collections version plays at a tempo of 160 beats per minute. The piece lacks an introduction and conclusion, allowing for smooth transitions between loops. Each loop is nineteen measures long.
The instrumentation for the Kingdom Hearts version consists of: strings, snare drum, piano, crash cymbals, low brass (tubas), and synthesizer. For Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, the instrumentation is reduced, using only piano, snare drum, strings, and flute. The Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories version uses a similar instrumentation to the Kingdom Hearts version, but replaces the brake drum with claves and the piano and adds saxophone. This gives it a more distinct island vibe, as the claves sound reminisce to water droplets. In Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, the instrumentation is very similar to Kingdom Hearts; now with the addition of: choir, flute, electric bass, and suspended cymbal.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, “Night of Fate” is a track featured on the Hollow Bastion stage. It is also heard during the Mr. Sakurai Presents video presentation on Sora, where it is played while Masahiro Sakurai talks about the rest of Sora's attacks outside of his 3-hit combos.
Disc 1, Track 13 in the Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack
Disc 1, Track 13 in the Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack Complete
Disc 1, Track 13 in the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Original Soundtrack
Disc 1, Track 5 in the Piano Collections Kingdom Hearts Field & Battle Soundtrack
Notes and references
- If Player is in the Unicornis or Vulpes Union.
- If Player is in the Ursus Union.
- If Player is in the Anguis Union.
- If Player is in the Leopardus Union.
- Irrespective of Player's Union.