Armor of Eraqus
|This article requires cleanup or improvement.
Issues: Fill in Stats; expand strategy
|Armor of Eraqus|
|Rōmaji||Āmā obu za Masutā|
|Translation||Armor of the Master
|Game||Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix|
|Armor of Eraqus
|Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep|
|A sentient suit of armor containing a Keyblade Master's will.|
The Armor of Eraqus is a boss exclusive to Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix. It is a data simulation of Master Eraqus's Keyblade Armor, and it is fought within the "Light's Lessons" battle in the Mirage Arena. It wields the Master's Defender in battle.
The Armor of Eraqus is a sentient suit of Keyblade Armor that wields Master Eraqus's Keyblade in battle. Its torso is covered with dull, faded green armor that sports a small Mark of Mastery symbol in its center. The rest of the armor on its arms, legs, and chest are predominantly bronze and silver. Its pointed, armored boots are black and gold and its upper arms and thighs have wide, supplementary armor with gold edges covering them. The Armor of Eraqus's helmet is silver with a gold chin with jagged "teeth" and a Terra's Mark symbol of the same color adorning its forehead. The helmet is also decorated by three long, thin, silver pikes on its top and sides. Its hands and neck are covered by a black material.
The Armor of Eraqus uses most of Eraqus's techniques, but also imitates the protagonist's unique Command Styles and special abilities. Later in the battle, it can gain a magical seal on its back after ensnaring the protagonist; if the protagonist attacks the Armor in this phase, they will be stunned by the seal, leaving them wide open for the Armor to attack. Basic Keyblade strikes do minimal damage to the boss. The difficulty level of the boss fight is toned down in the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX version.
- It can perform a long, powerful Keyblade combo, throwing the protagonist into the air.
- Issen: A Sonic Blade-like technique. The sealed version of this resembles an Iaido-style technique that is much faster and can snare the protagonist, after which it performs a version of Collision Magnet. While this technique cannot be blocked, the protagonist can dodge to gain some invincibility.
- Oboro: Fires magical orbs that home in on the protagonist. These projectiles can be deflected normally.
- Kasumi: Shoots magical blades that home in on the protagonist. These projectiles can be deflected normally.
- Fires chains of light, which have a short range. If the chains hit the protagonist, the Armor switches battle styles, alternating between the protagonist's Command Style and the seal.
- Guren: The Armor creates five fiery pillars which home in on the protagonist until they disappear.
- Nichirin: The Armor creates a rotating wheel of lasers which oscillate up and down, making it harder to avoid, especially for Terra. Ventus and Aqua can dodge continuously until the attack ends. A useful trick is to dodge towards an area where the beams cannot touch the protagonist.
- Against Terra:
- Critical Impact: Performs a series of downward slashes that create earthquakes in their wake.
- Meteor: Flies into the air and uses its light chains to bind Terra and pull a large chunk of the arena up and shoot it with a powerful blast of light. To break free, continuously press and Slide at the right moment to avoid the resulting explosion of the attack. Unison Rush can also be used to dodge while dealing damage.
- Against Ventus:
- Fever Pitch: Uses flying slashes that can launch Ventus into the air.
- Reversal Slash: If attacked, the Armor can use Reversal to maneuver itself behind Ventus and counter with a slash.
- Air Dive: Spirals through the air. Can be countered.
- Tornado: The Armor flies into the air and creates two large, slow-moving tornadoes with its chains. Simply Dodge Roll to avoid the tornadoes.
- Against Aqua:
- Spellweaver: The Armor casts a barrier around itself, performs some spiraling slashes, and unleashes a slow bubble as the finisher.
- Barrier Surge: Homes in on Aqua, protected by a barrier.
- Prism Rain: Flies into the air and creates large, spinning lines of multicolored light that span the field and inflicts status effects on contact. Simply Cartwheel continuously until it ends. Unison Rush can also be used to dodge while dealing damage.
The Armor is particularly vulnerable to Shotlocks and Reprisals, and can also be damaged by reflecting its projectile attacks. Surge commands can also be used to deal damage while gaining range away from the Armor, while Mine commands will allow the player to lay traps without risking damage by getting too close to the Armor.
|Armor of Eraqus – Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (Terra)|
Notes and references
- 1000 in the HD 2.5 ReMIX version of the game.
|Riku | Riku Replica | Anti-Riku | Hayner | Master Eraqus | Master Xehanort | Terra | Terra-Xehanort | Lingering Will|
Ventus | Vanitas | Ventus-Vanitas | Aqua | Braig | Shadow Roxas | Xion | Young Xehanort | Armor of Eraqus | No Heart | Yozora
|Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix|
|Armor of Eraqus - No Heart - Monstro - Dark Hide|
|Flame Box - Lone Runner - Vitality Vial - Belly Balloon - Ringer - Gluttonous Goo - Element Cluster - Jellyshade - Floating Flora|
|Shadow - Darkball - Neoshadow|
|Royal Radiance - Master's Defender|
|Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep & 358/2 Days Original Soundtrack|
|A fragmentary passage - Artwork - Removed content|