From the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, the Kingdom Hearts encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
Kingdom Hearts Dark Road
The Boy in White
- "Kingdom Hearts is the only way."
— confronting Xehanort on his goals with leaving Scala ad Caelum.
- "What about our duty as Keyblade wielders?"
— trying to stop Xehanort from leaving.
- "To think we became Keyblade Masters only a year ago... and now this."
— reminicing in anger.
- "You were bequeathed a Keyblade from the era of the Lost Masters. You were supposed to have inherited their weapon- and their resolve."
— reminding Xehanort about their duty.
- "But summoning Kingdom Hearts is a drastic measure. How can you be so sure that's the answer?"
— questioning Xehanort on his motives.
- "Life has taught us far different lessons."
— raising his blade against Xehanort.
- "No. As a true friend."
— before attacking Xehanort.
- "Well enough."
— speaking with Xehanort.
- "Better late than never. You mentioned in your letter that you had one of your own."
— speaking to Xehanort on taking Aqua and Terra as his apprentances.
- "There's no need. Your letter said enough. Water under the bridge."
— stopping Xehanort from apologizing.
- "So? Is that him? The one you wish to entrust to my care."
- "You will not train him yourself?"
- "Are you sure?"
- "Could he really be...? What-?"
— speaking to Xehanort about Ventus being the Child of Destiny.
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- "Wait, Xehanort. There is a reason the precepts bar us from such knowledge. Why do you seek the χ-blade? Would you blanket all the worlds in darkness, reduce them to nothing!?"
— confronting Xehanort on his goals with the χ-blade.
- "Fool... You would risk an apocalypse out of sheer curiosity? I will never allow it, Xehanort. Not while I live!"
— disapproving of Xehanort's plan to forge the χ-blade.
- "Poetic excuses! If words won't dissuade you, only one thing will."
— challenging Xehanort to fight.
- "That power... Has the darkness taken you, Xehanort?"
— when Xehanort attacks with the darkness.
- "Ventus cannot tell you anything...because he cannot remember anything."
— when Ventus first arrives at the Land of Departure.
- "Today you will be examined for the Mark of Mastery. Not one but two of the Keyblade's chosen stand here as candidates...but this is neither a competition nor a battle for supremacy—not a test of wills, but a test of heart. Both of you may prevail, or neither. But I am sure our guest, Master Xehanort...did not travel all this way to see our youngest prospects in years fall short of the Mark. I trust you are ready."
— introducing the Mark of Mastery exam.
- "Then let the examination begin."
— beginning the Mark of Mastery exam.
- "That was unexpected...but one must keep a still heart even in the most trying of circumstances. It was an excellent test, one I chose to let unfold. Which brings us to your next trial. Now, Terra and Aqua, the two of you will face each other in combat. Remember, there are no winners—only truths, for when equal powers clash, their nature is revealed. Begin!"
— before Terra and Aqua battle each other.
- "We have deliberated and reached a decision. Terra, Aqua, you both performed commendably. However, only Aqua has shown the Mark of Mastery. Terra, you failed to keep the darkness within you sufficiently in check. But there is always next time. That is all. Aqua, as our newest Keyblade Master, you are entitled to certain knowledge. Please wait here for further instruction."
— to Terra and Aqua.
- "...and insomuch as you are now Keyblade Master, you must always be conscious of—"
— to Aqua before being interrupted.
- "Very well then, I will send my pupils to investigate. Yes, I understand. Farewell."
— to Yen Sid.
- "That was my dear old friend Yen Sid. As you know, he is Master no more...but he still keeps a close eye on the tides of light and darkness. His counsel serves as signposts on the road we wielders of the Keyblade must walk. All the more reason, then, for concern—for he tells me the Princesses of Heart are in danger. Not only from the forces of darkness, as you may assume...but also from a new threat—one that feeds on negativity. Fledgling emotions that have taken monster form—Yen Sid calls them the "Unversed." As wielders of the Keyblade, you are tasked with striking down any who would upset the balance of light and darkness. The Unversed are no exception. I tried to pass this news on to Master Xehanort, but my repeated attempts to reach him have failed. I doubt there is any connection, and yet... This all troubles me."
— informing Terra and Aqua of Yen Sid's news about the Unversed.
- "So here we are. I need you two to get this situation under control. Eliminate the Unversed, and find Master Xehanort. I have unlocked the Lanes Between. You may use these forbidden pathways to travel between this world and countless others. The darkness looms closer than usual within these spaces, but your armor will protect you. Lastly, remember that order must be kept. You cannot tell anyone there are other worlds. Now go, and fulfill your duty."
— assigning Terra and Aqua to destroy the Unversed and find Master Xehanort.
- "Terra. Consider this an opportunity. A second chance for you to change my mind. You must know, I care for you like my own son. If I could have my way, I would name you Master in a second. But, how can I, when you are so obsessed with power? Terra, you mustn't be afraid of losing. Fear leads to obsession with power, and obsession beckons the darkness. You must never forget."
— talking to Terra before sending him off.
- "Wait, Aqua. Before you depart, I have one other... Well, call it a request, of the utmost priority. I told Terra this could be a second chance to show the Mark of Mastery...and I meant it. However, that flicker of darkness he displayed during the examination—I can sense it runs very deep. If he were to— If those powers were to prove too much for him to handle, I want you to bring him back to me at once. It's for his own good. I could not bear to lose any of you to the darkness."
— asking Aqua to keep an eye on Terra.
- "No! He mustn't! You have to bring him back!"
— telling Aqua to bring Ventus back after he runs off.
- "Ventus, you're alone? I thought Aqua would— Well, what matters is that you're home. You don't belong outside this world yet. You need to stay here where you can learn—"
— when Ventus returns to the Land of Departure.
- "What did you hear?"
— to Ventus.
- "I knew it. Xehanort—he could never let it go."
— remembering his past with Xehanort.
- "I failed. I had the chance to stop him and couldn't do it. But I will not fail again."
— about Xehanort.
- "The χ-blade has no place in this or any world. Xehanort has made his purpose clear...and I am left with no choice. Forgive me...but you must exist no more."
— attempting to destroy Ventus.
- "Terra! I command you—step aside!"
— to Terra.
- "You will not heed your Master?"
— to Terra.
- "Why do all my attempts to reach you fail? If you don't have it in your heart to obey...then you will have to share Ventus's fate."
— challenging Terra to fight.
- "Has the darkness taken you, Terra?"
— when Terra embraces the darkness.
- "No, you were right. I failed you, Terra. Perhaps I've no one to blame but myself for the darkness inside you. And now I've done worse—raised my Keyblade against you and Ventus. My own heart is darkness!"
— his last words to Terra, before Xehanort kills him.
- "Aqua. Now that you are a Master, there is one secret in particular you must know. Should anything happen to me, and you find the legion of darkness at our doorstep...I ask that you take my Keyblade and use it to lock this land away. Generations of Keyblade Masters have been charged with keeping this land safe. Light and darkness exist in balance here, and there are those who would abuse such neutral ground. This is why our predecessors devised a certain...trick. Just use the key, and this land will be transformed. From that day forward, all who visit this land will be lost to oblivion, none ever able to solve the mystery. None, Aqua, except you."
— Aqua remembers her master's instructions when she returns to the Land of Departure.
Kingdom Hearts III
The Boy in White
- "Huh? Of course I have."
— when Xehanort asks him about the Keyblade War.
- "Yeah, the Master's favorite story."
- "Who knows? I don't get why anyone would initiate a war."
- "Never heard of 'em. Where'd you hear about that?"
— asking Xehanort about the "Lost Masters."
- "I'm not following you."
- "If you say so."
- "Really? I'm not so sure about that. Besides, who's to say I can't change it? And maybe light will prevail."
- "Perhaps. But unlike darkness, there is more to light than meets the eye. You might be surprised."
- "My move, isn't it? It's not over."
— before evading check.
- "Yes, you nearly did. But, a game's no fun if you know where it's going. There's more to light than meets the eye. I told you. Some light comes from the past."
— summoning the light of the past.
- "I told you that you might be surprised."
— checkmating Xehanort.
- "Huh? Really? It's just, you never admit it when you lose."
— talking to Xehanort.
- "Yeah. And I'll be there for you."
— affirming his friendship with Xehanort.
- "Oh, right. I heard about this new game."
— beginning to set up a new game.
- "Just watch..."
— about to place his sole piece on the board.
- "Now, hand over the χ-blade, Xehanort."
— emerging from Terra.
- "For us, perhaps...but not for them."
— talking to Xehanort.
- "Enough. Checkmate."
— convincing Xehanort to surrender.
- "Terra, Aqua, Ven. Forgive your foolish teacher."
— apologizing to his students.
- "Ven, I put you through such a harrowing experience. And Aqua, I left you with such a heavy burden. Terra, look after them for me. Please."
— talking to his pupils.
- "Here. Ready, my friend?"
— his last words to Xehanort before fading away.
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- "Prepare yourself!"
— using Hazy and Crimson Lotus.
- "Let the darkness die!"
— using Mist and The Sun.
— blocking an attack.
- "How could you?"
— upon defeat.