KHWiki:End of Year Event 2014
Welcome to the Kingdom Hearts Wiki's 2014 End of Year Event!
This year, we will be hosting a competition along with The Keyhole. The event will comprise of two contests!
If you have any questions or concerns, please notify TheFifteenthMember, who is in charge of the event.
NOTE THAT ALL RULINGS MAY CHANGE IN THE FUTURE
AT OUR WHIM IF WE DEEM NECESSARY!
- What is it?
The user trivia is a contest where we test how well we know each other! Users will each submit an interesting, obscure fact about themselves. Then, users will randomly be put into two groups. Users from the opposite group will have to try to match up the right trivia pieces to the right user. At the end, the scores will be counted up and the group that was most accurate will win the contest! Plaques will be rewarded as appropriate.
- Do's and Don'ts
Try to be creative with your user trivia! While we don't expect people to share anything they're uncomfortable with, it will be much appreciated if your fact is fun, interesting, or unexpected! Let's try to avoid "my favourite colour is pink!"
(my favourite colour is actually green though!).
It should go without saying that users must not tell people from the opposite group their fact and spoil the contest for everyone else. Also, for obvious reasons, you must be a recognised member of either community to sign up!
- How does it work?
We are currently in the first stage of the contest: submitting our user trivia. If you are a recognised member of either Wiki and you wish to submit a piece of user trivia, you must email "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the subject line "User Trivia", stating your username and your fact. The deadline for this is the 7th December 2014; any emails sent beyond that point will not be valid!
After the 7th, we will move into stage two, where we shall be put into groups and begin matching up each other's trivia. This will last until the 27th of December. More details surrounding this will be released later on.
In the end, the contest's results shall be released in the third issue of the magazine!
- 25 November: The contest begins! Submit your trivia quickly before the 7th!
- 4 December: I (KeybladeSpyMaster) have notified all of you who haven't submitted trivia! Get going, you have three days!
- 6 December: This is the last day to submit your trivia before the 7th. Also, the groups have been decided via a random name selector; they shall be revealed tomorrow!
- 7 December: Groups have been determined through a random name generator! Get together and create your group names! Anyone else who still wants to join us and hasn't submitted your trivia, you have until December 10! THAT IS THE FINAL DEADLINE!
- 10 December: Groups are locked in. Trivia Quizzes are posted. Remember, you have until December 27 to complete the quiz! The group that gets the highest percentage total wins!
- 27 December: Entries are all submitted. Results will be posted in Page 14 of the next issue of the wiki's magazine!
If you wish to participate and be part of a group, sign your name here ASAP.
- TheFifteenthMember 21:03, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
- Chainoffire 21:06, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
- Aixon 21:47, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- ANX219 18:22, 26 November 2014 (UTC)
- ShadowsTwilight 18:55, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- FINALREST 10:51, 30 November 2014 (UTC)
- ColdAsFire22:35, 30 November 2014 (UTC)
- -- Braviaggron 19:20, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
- Pea14733 ---- [氷] 18:57, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
- Byzantinefire - There are no strings on me (talk) 23:07, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- RikutheBloody 19:16, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
If you still want to participate, you have until December 10! As for the groups, get together, create group names, and tell KeybladeSpyMaster or TheFifteenthMember so that we can update the names!
Be sure to enter your username! YOU HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER 27 TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY!
A fun little extra fact has been added to both groups' trivia questions. Just for fun. The group with the highest percentage in getting that one question correctly gets 13% added to their final score!
|Team Éclair||Team χ|
- What is it?
This is an individual contest, where users will design their own Kingdom Hearts world adaptation from an unused Disney/Square Enix property. The user can be as concise or detailed as they wish, but each entry must be above the 50-word limit.. After the deadline, all entries will be "locked" and we shall undergo a voting week where people will vote on their favourite sketch. The sketch with the most votes will be the winner! Plaques will be awarded to the winner, the runner-up, and everyone else who participated!
- Do's and Don'ts
Users will vote on sketches based on how interesting it is and how much they enjoyed reading it. When writing your design, be creative, be imaginative, make sure your idea still fits into the KH universe, and keep an appealing presentation. You may wish to draw pictures and sketches to grab the attention of your voters! For some ideas to get you started, you could think about the world's story, setting, gameplay, map, and enemies. While writing, you are allowed to ask for other people's comments or opinions in order to improve.
Everyone is welcome so get involved! Even if your entry is only a paragraph or two, don't be put off and be sure to submit it anyway! The more entries, the merrier!
Your entry may be hosted anywhere: in your userspace, on any Wiki, or any other external website. Just be sure that you have an account on either the KHWiki or the Keyhole, and that you can provide a viewable link to your work at all times.
Your entry must have been created for the purpose of this contest. You will be disqualified if it is found out that your sketch was written for a previous competition!
- How does it work?
Start designing your world now! Add your name to the sign-up as early as you can; it does not matter if you haven't completed your sketch yet. As soon as possible, please add the title of the film your work will be based on, to avoid users choosing the same world. The deadline for the submission process is the 21st of December. After that, no more entries can be posted and no changes can be made to them.
The voting week will be between the 22nd and 27th of December. More details surrounding that will be released later.
- November 25: The competition starts! Get designing, guys!
- December 23: Entries are locked and the voting weeks begin. Place your votes now!
- December 26: Reminder that votes are closing tomorrow. We've only received six votes so far, so go out and cast yours!
- December 28: Voting station is closed. Look forward to the results in the upcoming magazine issue!
If you are submitting an entry, post your name and a link to your work here.
- KeybladeSpyMaster - Wreck-It Ralph -Here it is!
TheFifteenthMemberI was going to do TWEWY but I realised it was a "used" property. Never mind >.> ChainoffireDidn't end up having time to do this. Sorry!
- RoxasNobody - Kuzcotopia, from The Emperor's New Groove
- RoadToDawn - Paradise Falls, from Up
The voting week begins and we have three fine competitors:
To send your vote, click on the link below. Hurry, as the voting station will close at the end of Saturday, the 27th of December. The results will be released in the upcoming issue of the magazine!
To the three competitors themselves, to make things interesting, all of you are required to vote but you cannot vote on your own, so you must choose one of your two opponents!