This ability allows the player to complete the game without gaining EXP and thus remain at level 1, resulting in a more challenging playthrough.
In Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, No Experience is a support ability that costs 1 AP to equip. It negates normal EXP, but not the various types of Form EXP.
In Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, EXP Zero is a support ability exclusive to Proud Mode and Critical Mode that can be equipped once. It negates the experience gain for Sora and Riku, but not the Spirits.
Learning EXP Zero
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Roxas learns No Experience at the beginning of the Third Day in Critical Mode.
- The Winner's Proof has No Experience as its Equipment Ability.
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- Zero EXP is attached to Terra's Sliding Dash, Ventus's Aero, and Aqua's Blizzard at the beginning of their stories in Critical Mode.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- Sora and Riku have EXP Zero initially in Proud Mode and Critical Mode.
Kingdom Hearts III
- Sora has EXP Zero as a default ability.
Kingdom Hearts II
While in Antiform, Sora does not gain EXP from defeated enemies similar to No Experience.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Although EXP gain cannot be disabled, the player can remain at level 1 by not installing any Level Up panels.
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
Although EXP gain cannot be disabled, Data-Sora can remain at level 1 by not installing any Level Up chips.
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-
EXP Gain is a setting that only appears in the options menu after beating the game. Disabling it creates an effect similar to EXP Zero.