User talk:Sorceror Nobody
|We hope you enjoy your time on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki! Before you contribute, please see the following:
Thank you for joining the Kingdom Hearts Wiki community! We look forward to working with you. May your heart be your guiding key!
— Blue。 15:44, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
A backhanded compliment?
I assume you are referring to my sprite comedy scenes. They really don't take that long to make, seeing as I have the sprite sets to hand. Also, the only one done anywhere near recently was the last one, which I made specifically to add to the newly-created user article on here; the rest are all quite old now. Anyway, I don't spend that much time on KH... you should see my userspace on FFWiki for starters. Besides, I'm between years 1 and 2 at Uni, and the summer holidays are long. I reserve the right to spend them doing whatever I want, thank you very much -- Sorceror Nobody, 19:28, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
- EDIT: I'm stupid. Yes, you meant the Achievements. Duh me. But no, I still don't spend especially long on them. I don't exactly go out of my way to break my own records that often, and most of them are from meeting Jiminy's Journal requirements and then thinking "while I'm doing it, it won't hurt to go for more...". Furthermore, some of them are easy, especially the ones where I've got optimum records. That's precisely why I've managed to get the optimum score on them, after all -- SN
Talk templates are forbidden here until Hecko gives the permission. Refrain from doing that again. Okay? ;)--N/A
Okay...that's news to me. Although, I had talk templates on the FF wiki (which Hecko is fully aware of...just check out my Fnlfntsyfn sandbox on the FF wiki)... Sorceror Nobody 23:41, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
Care to give us a hand?
Sprites, and Hello
If you want to take that tack, then
"It must be known that only official media is allowed."
So, your images will be deleted if reuploaded, and protected against ever being uploaded again.
Rules-lawyering is completely useless on a wiki, especially since you're claiming an "if you do something" overrules two "don't do this at all" and several policy consensus's back them up.Glorious CHAOS! 17:58, October 30, 2009 (UTC)
- As for why: because the editors who added fanart repeatedly and willingly violated our previous image policies, and even inserted their images into the main space, over and over and over. For example, Paopu or Ven's Keyblade, which keep having obnoxious jerks uploading their fanart of the topic and pasting it into the article, even though there's a ridiculously blatant notice at the top of the page saying "Don't f'ing do that".
- But, thank you for showing me that the upload text is editable. It now forbids any fanart whatsoever, for any reason, including user page decoration.Glorious CHAOS! 18:01, October 30, 2009 (UTC)
- One of the guidelines they were violating was uploading too many images. It's perfectly acceptable for them to host them externally.
- Another was that they uploaded their images over canon ones. Again, perfectly acceptable for them to host images externally.
- These policies make it very clear that fanart is discouraged, and make it more difficult to paste it into an article (especially for anons using the RTE). It's about as much of a solution as we can have without making uploading limited to admins. It has also virtually eliminated the problem.
- As far as I am familiar with, the only other wiki's I work on (and am familiar with the policies on) also disallow fanart unless it is specifically used within a Fan: namespace, or is used as a diagram. In general, fanart has no place on any wiki.Glorious CHAOS! 19:40, October 30, 2009 (UTC)
Diagrams, as you created for your walkthrough, are not fan-art, so you don't have to worry about that. Also, any images that you need for your talkbox are good to. Basically, anything with a practical use is kosher, anything that is uploaded just so people can say "Look what I drew/downloaded from someone else!" that we don't want to be uploaded here.
- (I realize that this may seem like an imputation on you, but it's not at all. What I'm trying to say is, you don't have to worry.)Glorious CHAOS! 20:17, October 31, 2009 (UTC)
They're actually just depicting the range of days. That's why enemies that don't appear until later in the game only have drops listed for the last few entries.126.96.36.199 22:17, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
Huh, I hadn't noticed that. I certainly wasn't trying to copy you, I just sort of experimented with the colors I liked. I was thinking of changing my signature at some point anyway, so you won't need to deal with the resemblance forever.--Lapis ofthe Night 19:47, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
Hey SN! this Miles blackmage from the ff wiki. I was wondering, do you need help with the 358/2 days guide? Miles blackmage 20:11, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry about that. I was supposed to do ask you back when I made the talkbubble almost a year ago, it kinda slipped my mind. But, irregardless, I apologize for not at least acknowledging you for the awesome image. I know its kind of late, but you don't mind if I use it do you? -- The Sols So much to do, So little time. 19:38, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, are you ever gonna finish yer Days guide? I particularly need help on a lot of the challenges.... Escaflowne X 16:37, December 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Ever? Probably. Anytime soon? Don't count on it. You could always indicate a handful of the challenges that you especially need help with, and I might be able to give some rough advice. Unless it's for challenges relating to the Lord of the Skies or the Leechgrave, because I have absolutely no idea quite how I eventually managed to clear the challenges relating to them >_> -- Sorceror Nobody, 17:14, December 14, 2010 (UTC)
Hola, SN! Um, I got KH and BbS for christmas, and I KNOW you know I have CoM. I think. Anyway, could you point me in the direction of a few good walkthroughs? I can't seem to find the 'Walkthrough' section. >_< Thanks! EDIT: Mah sig appears broken... *glances around* KupoHunter 02:12, January 2, 2011 (UTC)