Looks like just one of a number of interesting features coming out in KH2:Final Mix. It's odd, I was hoping they'd come out with a remake of Chain of Memories for the PS2 or something, and it's looks like they're actually gonna do that on a "disc 2".  Scottch 21:35, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, The game is called Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ and includes two disks one with Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix and the other with Re: Chain of Memories--Painocus
- You'd think they'd come up with something a bit more original... I mean, they cornered Red, Blue, Yellow, and White for Valor, Wisdom, Master, and Final. I myself think Green, a good Shadow Medallion-shaded Purple, or a nice pure Orange would have done much more nicely than the original clothing... But then again, there isn't much point in saying that, eh?--Dreyfus 06:08, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
I know how you get it
You get Limit Form during the story. My friend imported in from Japan, I don't know how he understands japanesse but he does... and he said he got it a bit before the War of Hallow Bastion.
About the driving into Anti-form, I could have sworn it IS possible, after I tried to test if Strike Raid would work on Xaldin data, anti-ed, and got owned.... it was at the beginning when both allies were still alive... XienZo 16:57, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
Dodge Roll/Quick Run
I thought it was possible to have both equipped, isn't it? With dodge roll, you tap square and for Quick Run, you hold it longer.
- Covered in the "Controls" section.--NeA
I just got Anti-form when I selected Limit form for the second time, so I think that Limit form does not negate the chance of turning into Anti-form.
- Yeah, thats what I thought too! And I got owned by Xaldin data.... XienZo 03:35, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
- I think that whoever wrote that just based it on a minor misconception. S/he seems to believe that a requirement is to fuse with Goofy or Donald for it to occure, though I do not see why this is necessary. Then again, I have yet to fully investigate it. --Hecko X 12:32, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
Limits and Healing
Limits will recover HP anytime they hit, so saying that you fully depend on items for recovery wouldn't be correct. Since a limit uses 60MP+, you can do it at least twice without having to recharge MP. Limit form also comes with a lot of MP Rage abilities, so as long as you score hits on your targets, it may even be a better healing option than the heal spell. Limits also give temporary invulnerability, but it's only while the attack is being executed. If you react too slowly, the combo may be interrupted. For example, using Ragnarok you're invincible while you swing the keyblade. When you're going to shoot, you will be vulnerable. However on abilities such as Sonic, it is hardly noticeable. Would you please consider this info? 126.96.36.199 15:40, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
In final mix there is an additional mirror on the side of the room (between the wisdom/valor and master/final sets of mirrors) by process of elimination it must be limit forms's.
- That's all well and good, but we don't have a description for it yet. I'm looking for one as I typed this, and I should have one soon. AJ the Shinigami 02:34, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
anyone with final mix and mad japanese translation skills (like first,second language) willing to contribute?
But there is also the Anti-Form Mirror!
Which is on the opposite side of the room, in it's own corner, your point being?188.8.131.52 16:18, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah that's right. I am ~~MateusinhoEX~~ and I have played a patched version of KH2 Final Mix. That mirror says, in the patch, that sora sees something with nostalgic appearence. That must be Limit. And the other is anti-form.
- Could you get us the text in Japanese?184.108.40.206 14:56, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- I don't understand the problem here, maybe someone can elaborate. The discussed quotes are already on the particular sites, the Anti-Form mirror was also present in the oversea editions, so this quote is the one translated by SE. You can find a screenshot of the new mirror here.--ShardofTruth13:57, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- Limit: 頭にイメージが流れ込む。懐かしい力を得た姿だ。
Limit Form Genie
Does Genie get a new form when summoned and limit form has been obtained? 220.127.116.11 19:56, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
Mechanics and Tips
As with the other Drive articles, this info needs to be farmed. See Wisdom Form for a better description of what needs to be done.
Sora's clothes change to the colors of his original clothes in Kingdom Hearts. The form lets Sora use abilities from Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, such as Dodge Roll and Zantetsuken. It is symbolized by a red crown (similar in appearance to Sora's necklace). Similar to Master Form, it consumes four Drive Bars and it can also be used by Sora without giving up one of your partners.
Limit Form gains experience points by properly executing the final reaction command in Sora's limits (by pressing ). Upon reaching level 2 in Limit Form, Sora is rewarded with the Auto-Limit ability. At levels 3, 5, and 7, Sora gains Dodge Roll levels 1, 2, and 3, respectively. At Limit Form's level 4, Sora gets Draw, and at level 6, Sora gains another Lucky Lucky ability.
As this form is exclusive to Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, it is recommended to make use of all the additions that are exclusive to Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix to level up Limit Form: the best places to level up are in the Cavern of Remembrance, where there is an abundance of Heartless, and in the Treasure Room in Agrabah, where Mushroom No. 5 can be found. The latter is recommended as the player has the benefit of a nearby Save Point, and can always use it to return to the World Map if Sora's Drive Gauge is low.
Another good way to level up this form is to go to the Altar of Naught if the player has unlocked the battle against Xemnas' Final Form. Exiting the Altar of Naught will lead to Ruin and Creation's Passage. By using Limit Form when the Nobodies, many of whom are Berserkers, appear, Limits can be used until all Nobodies in the top area leading to the Altar of Naught are defeated, or the MP gauge runs out. Entering the Altar of Naught will immediately fill up the Drive Gauge, and the player can repeat this for a simple way to level up Limit Form.
Sora's magic is replaced by four Limits in this form. Unlike the other Limits in Kingdom Hearts II, Limits used in this form do not cost all of Sora's MP. Press to complete each respective Reaction Command.
It is impossible to use the Magic command in this form as all of Sora's spells have been replaced by these four limits. If a spell is set in the shortcut menu by Customize, then the Limits are also usable from the Shortcut menu. However, this feature is disabled if an item set to a button with a shortcut: for example, if a potion is set to the shortcut, then Sonic Blade can not be used through the shortcut menu.
Sora gains the Dodge Roll growth ability in this form, the same ability from the original Kingdom Hearts. Similar to Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Sora is invincible while using Dodge Roll.
- Requires no ally to access, therefore Sora has a better crowd-controlled gameplay.
- Sora is invincible during the executing period of some limits. However, Sora can be damaged while recovering from some of his combos.
- Sora is invincible when he is Dodge Rolling, thus negating all enemy attacks.
- By combining HP Gain and MP Rage abilities, Sora can restore his HP and MP indefinitely.
- Most limits can be executed completely by button mashing .
- Zantetsuken is one of the most powerful combo finishers in the game, if not the most powerful.
- Similar to Valor Form, magic commands are sealed. So Sora relies on Potions and allies to heal him during MP Charge (no MP for limits to restore HP with HP Gain).
- Ragnarok requires precise timing in order to deal maximum damage, which is similar to it's effect in Kingdom Hearts.
Even though both Quick Run and Dodge Roll require the player to use , equipping both of the Growth Abilities during Sora's normal state will allow the use of each individual ability by pressing the said button differently: a Dodge Roll can be performed by quickly tapping , and a Quick Run requires to be held slightly longer than for Dodge Roll.
It should be noted that all Sora's abilities in Limit Form are far stronger than his Kingdom Hearts incarnation.
Sora's finishing moves are also very strong in Limit Form. Equip Decisive Pumpkin, Fenrir, Guardian Soul, Oblivion, Ultima Weapon or Rumbling Rose while in this form to use Sora a powerhouse character.
This form represents Sora's promises to Kairi, including always protecting her and never changing, and his ability to infuse the Keyblade with magic.
- This Drive Form is the only one that allows Sora to use his normal Guard ability.