Game talk:Lingering Will
|This article requires cleanup or improvement.
Issues: Infobox statistics
Why is Lingering Sentiment branded with the ....ugh...'Somebody' emblem? Kaihedgie 04:51, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
I don't know what the Ultimania says and frankly, I don't trust it x: I don't read Japanese
Despite the officialness of these books, 'Somebody' is never used in there at all. So why are you using it, on LS of all people? Kaihedgie 05:08, June 22, 2010 (UTC) Kaihedgie 05:02, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
Hey guys, there's a second character with the Sentiment brand and both of these characters behave the same in terms of nature and power. How in the world does a bunch of memories and emotions count as a Somebody? Kaihedgie 05:17, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
He isn't a Nobody, nor is he a Heartless. Sure, he's not really complete, but right now I don't think there's a category for "just memories". As for Vanitas's Sentiment, I believe it is stated in the Ultimania what he is, though I don't remember what it says.LapisLazuliScarab05:20, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
I'm still opposed to the Ultimania calling him a non-Unversed for blatantly obvious reasons. There should be a category or class for Sentiments. As I've explained in the VS talk page, I had given my explanations about a Sentiment: As observed, Sentiments appear to be the powerful lingering emotions and memories of a person either crystallized in physical form or inhabiting a sufficient shell of sorts to contain and sustain them. Sorta like a ghost and like a ghost, they are bound to the living world by either an unfinished task or rage. They also retain the powers from where these memories originate. It's safe to say that their powers are also directly influenced by their emotional states and such. LS's intense hatred towards Xehanort fuels his incredible power, so much that it also influences his Keyblade, too, causing it to take on a multitude of forms not seen from Terra. When not thinking of Xehanort, LS remains inert and doesn't move an inch until provoked with a single thought. Vanitas Sentiment spawned from the lingering emotions of a creature born raw of all of the things associated with evil. Vanitas was evil to the core and Vanitas Sentiment's power was fueled by that negativity. However, what made VS seemingly stronger than LS was that there was nothing to offset Vanitas' negative emotions. Lingering Sentiment was offset by his hope and concern for Ventus and Aqua. VS had none of that, only fueled by the desire for destruction.
Of course, this is just my hypothesis. It's not official, but it's what I've gathered from my observations Kaihedgie 05:34, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Technically speaking, the symbol is not associated with beings with body + soul + heart, but is just the official "Other" symbol, to go along with the Heartless and Nobody symbols. --Neumannz, The Dark Falcon 05:36, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
"The Lingering Sentiment is by far the hardest boss in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and was arguably one of the hardest bosses in the series, having no real match until Vanitas's Sentiment in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep" <- What? Vanitas's Sentiment was a wimp, yet LS is a b/tch. 22.214.171.124 04:29, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
VS was far quicker than Lingering Sentiment, could bring your HP to critical in one strike or kill you outright, no matter how much HP you had and wouldn't take any damage at all unless you were at a high enough level. Only two of VS' attacks could be blocked. You can block all of LS's attacks, with or without Reflega. Kaihedgie 04:38, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
I suppose we'll get an official translation with BBS, but "Todomarishi" doesn't mean "to linger" as in "to remain as a remnant", but "to linger" as in "to stop moving" - which fits the boss's situation. Just food for thought, I don't at all suggest moving the page at this point in time.Glorious CHAOS! 15:08, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Is it supposed to be named in BBS at some point? --Neumannz, The Dark Falcon 17:37, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
Xehanort does say its name when he first awakens Kaihedgie 17:54, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
Duck Flare + Limit Form recharge or Ethers.
- Worst case scenario, Donald dies or you run out of ethers. RikutheBloody 14:21, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- I've had pretty good luck reviving him, either with Curaga or by giving Hi-Potions and Hyper Healing to Donald and Goofy. This was actually my main tactic for the Lingering Will and the Organization XIII data replicas...the only ones it wasn't the fastest and safest way to win (without a ton of planning and training) was on Demyx, and that's because he's just so bloody weak to Fire that Duck Flare actually becomes inefficient."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 18:06, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- This actually sounds pretty efficient. RikutheBloody 19:05, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Keeping in mind we should still try to have a "perfect strategy" that requires no consumables, so I'm not saying to throw out what we have--it's just that on Critical Mode I was positively flush with Mega-Ethers and Hi-Potions/Mega-Potions, so it's not exactly an undue burden here. Might want to note, though, that this tactic is not sufficient for Xaldin -- his Aero Shield means that, while you want to use this for your main attacks, you also want to take time to break his shield. Xigbar and Saix also took a few retries, but only because of bad luck."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 20:33, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Xaldin's wind shield can be broken via Jump, so Duck Flare will be less usable than others. And Xigbar doesn't have to recharge if he's data, but Duck Flare can work for him. And for Saïx, he is pretty fragile if he haven't started his berserk yet. But I'm not speaking from personal experience, I haven't fought any data, or the Lingering will. RikutheBloody 20:41, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, I know. The biggest problem with Saix is that he kills Donald almost the second you bring him back to life, and Xigbar is just good at restructuring the field so you can't hit him directly. Duck Flare is still the fastest way to kill them, it's just that they're really strong. For Xaldin, Duck Flare is the way to go, you just gotta take breaks to Jump his shield rather than immediately popping an Ether and going again."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 15:04, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
The Lingering Will's Retaliation Point Value AKA "Revenge Value" is actually 25. ****ING TWENTY FIVE.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/735143-kingdom-hearts-hd-25-remix/71166225/811117254 NO WONDER FINISHERS SEEM TO BE THE ONLY THING THAT CAUSE IT TO REACH ITS RETALIATION POINT. HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS?! =__=; *sigh* .....
....though perhaps it's a way to balance the fight due to it being one of THE biggest Damage-Sponge Bosses (blame TV Tropes for that) in the Kingdom Heart series, but some people are saying it's poorly designed that way. --SneaselSawashiro (talk) 04:27, 11 February 2015 (UTC)