Within the past years, signatures have been growing more obtrusive of the structure of text within talk pages and has led to a policy being made. This policy maintains that all users have fairly non-text mangling signatures that do not change the format of the text in a page. The following is a list of what requirements a signature needs to be allowed on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki.
- All signatures must clearly display the username of the posting user. Since this is the English Kingdom Hearts Wiki, all signatures must also use a Latin script (A, B, C ... X, Y, Z) to display the username, however initials and such, if mouseover-enabled, are allowed.
- If a signature uses any other form of language such as Japanese or French, this is allowed however your username must still be present in English.
- All signatures must be followed or include a timestamp. This is not a large issue since this is already being done for the most part, but without a timestamp, we cannot tell when a discussion has taken place, and therefore its relevance/acknowledgment of other related discussions.
- Images, if used, must be within 15-17px, but the absolute limit is 17px, no larger.
- All signatures must link to at least the central user page of the posting user, i.e. not their "Userpage+" or user sub-page. Those can be linked to as well, of course, but the central user page is a necessity.
Examples of Signatures that follow the rules can be seen below:
Erry: When you said you were the fun one on the lane, who was your competition? The mailbox? - Erry
KrytenKoro: "We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro)
Pea14733: Pea14733 ---- [闇]