Okay, so you just saw a big ol' banner on the front page (and here too) leading to here. What is this? What's happening? Well, as it turns out friend and community main-man Churro is working on something a little bit special: A Kingdom Hearts Photobook! Filled with fanart, photos, group gatherings - whatever! - celebrating the 15th Anniversary of Kingdom Hearts. Upon completion, the book will be presented to series creator Tetsuya Nomura as a thank you for giving us a whopping ten games in these 15 years (but still no Kingdom Hearts III....lol, go figure). And everyone and anyone is welcome to contribute to it.
But, what if you don't have any artistic talents? What if you're camera shy? What if your poetry is really really bad? No worries! That's why we're doing this! The Kingdom Hearts Wiki will be adding in a massive message collage page contribution from all our members and editors. And yes, ALL. Young or old. Awesome or lame. Newbies or old-timers - if you see yourself as a member of our community, there's a place for you here! Write any quick, short message, sign it, and it will be in the book.
So without further ado, some questions and answers you guys might have:
- So what exactly are we supposed to do?
- Write a quick, short message - any message - for Tetsuya Nomura.
- How do we go about that?
- Just like in my example here! And yes, I have terrible handwriting...
- Does it have to be handwritten?
- It's preferred. It's just a more genuine way to do a message - crappy handwriting and all. And with everyone and their great-grandmothers having smartphones these days, I imagine it isn't very difficult to snap an image either. Hence, just grab a clean sheet of paper, write what you want, snap a photo and post it on here. Or, if you want you can scan it. Whichever you prefer! That said, if you absolutely don't want to handwrite it, I do have a good number of convincing (and expensive...) fonts that emulate handwriting. Just post your message and I'll whammy it up.
- Any rules to this?
- I'm a believer in that the more rules there are, the more are bound to get broken. That said, it goes without saying that anything offensive, horrible, or mean-spirited won't make it. So, just use your judgment! And please don't make the message too big! A short sentence will suffice.
- What kind of message?
- It can be a thank you. It can be a congrats. It can be something funny. All of the above! Just something from the heart if you will! Just don't pester him about Kingdom Hearts III! And as stated above, please don't make it something offensive or in poor taste.
- May 25th, 2017. Technically, the deadline for the photobook itself is May 29th. That said, I'm making ours the 25th because the extra few days will allow me to make the page super nice and pretty - something that can actually go into a premium photobook.
- Any message limits?
- The page size is quite generous. If we go by my example in terms of size, I can fit anywhere between 30 and 50 messages and it will still be readable (as in not all ant puny!). That said, if we somehow get more than that, precedent will be given to more prominent members of the Wiki. Site-staff, long-time contributors, etc...
- When we sign it, do we use our usernames, nicknames, or real names?
- Whichever you prefer! Just....pick one. Otherwise your message will consist of just your names...
- How do we contribute?
- Right here! On this page. Just below everything here. For the sake of keeping this page organized when you contribute a message here, please post it as you would a new subject on a talk page, as I exemplify below. And please refrain from responding to others' contributions. Again, this is just for the sake of keeping everything tidy and organized. Upload your contribution to an external image hosting site, like Imgur, Imageshack, Photobucket, etc., to keep this wiki tidy.
Here's my example contribution once more. Again, just like a talk page. And please do sign it as you would a talk page like I do here. And with that, that's that! Have at it! --Ignis (talk) 18:25, 27 March 2017 (UTC)
Draaek's submission (Be sure to give this one credit somewhere on the page, as it's not on the image.)