How the world template should look.
The correct layout for worlds right now should be as followed:
Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts:
Destiny Islands | Disney Castle | Wonderland | Deep Jungle | Olympus Coliseum | Agrabah | 100 Acre Wood | Monstro | Atlantica | Halloween Town | Neverland | Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden | End of the World
Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories:
Twilight Town | Castle Oblivion
Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts II:
The Land of Dragons | Beast's Castle | Timeless River | Sunset Horizons | Port Royal | Pride Lands | Space Paranoids | The World That Never Was
Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep:
Snow White's House | Enchanted Dominion | Castle of Dreams
This way, the worlds template is clean and simple. Worlds that are introduced should be named during the game of introduction. "The World That Never Was" did show up in the KH1 secret ending, but was only named in KHII, so it should be kept in the KHII section.
I also think I should note that some places being added to the list of worlds have no business being there.
Already part of Halloween Town, It's not a world all on It's own, so it shouldn't be included.
Already part of Olympus Coliseum, just another area added, but connected to the same world.
Yen Sid's Tower:
Currently part of Twilight Town, shouldn't be included as an extra world.
The world added to Kingdom Hearts V CAST. This was put into a game that had no involvement with Square Enix at all, and isn't even canon to the series, definately should be excluded.
Also, even though Hollow Bastion got renamed Radiant Garden in KHII, It's still the same world, so it should be written under the "Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts" section, and just put down as "Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden".
I think the reasons for this list are valid, and that the template should be kept like this, unless of course, new worlds are announced. If anything else should be added, I think that the person who hopes to add that area should bring up a good reason beforehand, because this really should be the final list for now.
- My argument
You're right, it's not included in the main story and has no involvement with Square-Enix, but it's still a part of the series. The V Cast may be impopular, but since Swordman Island is a world introduced in a game that's still involved with the Kingdom Hearts games. Just the Caterpillar.
It's a bit confusing to discriminate between Disney Castle and Disney Town, but I think once the BBS game is out, we should look into the info and then confirm if Disney Town belongs to a world status or just an extra location connected to a certain world.
--Charmed-Jay 17:01, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
- I think that Disney Town is an actual world. I am fairly certain that was stated when the world's basic information was first leaked. Then, in a Famitsu scan recently, Disney Town was featured, using the same format as is used for other new worlds that will appear in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Please, do add this to the template; I would do it myself if it hadn't been Admin-protected. --DTN 09:39, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sure someone will add it up sooner or later. --Charmed-Jay 15:12, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
It seems Disney Town is a world in BBS. So when are you guys going to change it? --Cococrash11 17:02, December 18, 2009 (UTC)Cococrash11
- First of all, just because you make an inference about Disney Town's status as a world/place doesn't mean that it will get changed automatically. Second, the location plays the part of a world gameplay-wise. However, story-wise, Disney Town surrounds Disney Castle. You can even see Disney Castle in the world's render. Therefore, Disney Town is just a place, not a world. --DTN 15:23, December 18, 2009 (UTC)
Well in the website Disney Town is shown as big as other BBS world shouldn't Disney Town count as a new world in BBS and Disney Castle as a sperate place to BBS or something? --Cococrash11 23:28, December 18, 2009 (UTC)Cococrash11
- Like I said previously, in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Disney Town will act as a world gameplay-wise. However, I believe that this template judges if an area is a world or place story-wise. Both Disney Castle and Disney Town can be seen in Disney Town's logo. Up until this point, all worlds have all had their own, seperate land for them to exist on. However, if we were to classify Disney Town as a world like you suggest, this would defy that rule, as Disney Town and Disney Castle would be on the same land, yet be two different worlds. Because of this, Disney Town must be classified as a place. --DTN 07:53, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
I think Data World is a type of new world inside Kingdom Hearts coded. I mean other people from the real world did enter there. Sure there are alot of worlds from the real world inside of the Data World but its still a world --Cococrash11 02:52, December 14, 2009 (UTC)Cococrash11
- The Data Worlds are counterparts of their real ones, and I seriously don't think it should be brought up. Even if it's just digitised from Jiminy's Journal, the events take place real-time. If, say, there's info on Data Destiny Islands, it should go on the Destiny Islands page. TNÉ Pour Noël je te donnerai le battement de mon cœur… ♥ 11:47, December 14, 2009 (UTC)
But Data World is a world I mean all of the adventure in coded is in this world so it should be a world. Look at this site's Hollow Bastion section http://www.gamefaqs.com/mobile/mobile/file/943348/57054 Mickey said its a world. So technically its a new world for coded its my opinion but you should really read it. --Cococrash11 01:43, December 16, 2009 (UTC)Cococrash11
- That's all the info it gives ? Might as well put it in the Destiny Islands page. No, seriously. The Data World is only a data version of the Destiny Islands, and won't differ much from the real thing. TNÉ Pour Noël je te donnerai le battement de mon cœur… ♥ 01:46, December 16, 2009 (UTC)
The Data World is not the data version of Destiny Island. But fine you decide what to put in what kind of a new world but I suggest to keep looking at the website see if there are any new information about are there any new world.. --Cococrash11 20:41, December 16, 2009 (UTC)Cococrash11
- We'll all decide together *nods*. TNÉ Pour Noël je te donnerai le battement de mon cœur… ♥ 00:12, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
From what Episode 1-7 is saying Data World is a type of world. If you still don't think its a world then what the heck to do you guys think it is? I mean the Data World is like where the Data Sora and the Data beings lives I mean shoudn't it be mentioned? --Cococrash11 22:31, January 21, 2010 (UTC)Cococrash11
Okay, there is a running theme of worlds being reduced to Castle's. Here's what I think we should end up with once it's okay to do spoilers:
Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts
- Destiny Islands | Timeless River (Disney Town/Disney Castle) | Traverse Town | Wonderland | Olympus Coliseum | Deep Jungle | Agrabah | Halloween Town | Monstro | Atlantica | Neverland | Radiant Garden (Hollow Bastion, Space Paranoids) | 100 Acre Wood | End of the World
Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
- Twilight Town (Mysterious Tower) | Land of Departure (Castle Oblivion)
Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts II
- The Land of Dragons | Beast's Castle | Port Royal | Pride Land | The World That Never Was (The Castle That Never Was)
Worlds introduced in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- Dwarf Woodlands | Enchanted Dominion | Castle of Dreams | Deep Space | Mirage Arena | Keyblade Graveyard
- I chose "Timeless River" as the base world because "Disney Town" and "Disney Castle" were distinct subworlds built upon it. "Disney Town" can possibly be used instead, if it turns out that Disney Castle is within it.
- "Castle That Never Was" is listed as the actual world in Days, due to the lack of missions in Dark City (until the end). Therefore, if we do alternate names, it should be here too.
- Do we have any confirmation that "Mysterious Tower" is the same tower as in Kingdom Hearts II? If so, it is a Castle of Twilight Town, but if not, it should be treated as a separate world.
- Should "Space Paranoids" be considered a sub-world of Radiant Garden, since it is literally a part of Radiant Garden? On a similar note, what should we do with "100 Acre Wood".
- Due to the demotion of several worlds (Disney Castle, Hollow Bastion, Castle Oblivion), many prior worlds are now sub-worlds. For aesthetic and technical reasons, it might be better to move these to "Template:Places", instead of having slashes or parenthesis making the template look strange. We could replace them with a small "Other" link at the bottom of this template, which would point to Template:Places.Glorious CHAOS! 21:11, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure
Can someone connect Castle Oblivion with Land of Departure on the template, like Hollow Bastion and Radiant Garden? it seems pretty important to do it that way.Charmed-Jay 08:15, January 16, 2010 (UTC)
Mysterious Tower and Keyblade Graveyard
Could someone change it those world were introduced in Kingdom Hearts II not in KH bbs--Xabryn 22:19, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
Sereriously? Deletion? Why?--Xabryn 22:21, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
Oh sorry I've been absent from the wiki for a few days. What new template?--Xabryn 02:47, June 10, 2010 (UTC)