KHWiki:Votes for Featured Media
|Featured Media Gallery|
| 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013|
2014 2015 2016
Featured Media is a place to show the artwork, images, and sounds that make this wiki an interesting and engaging experience for visitors. It will also encourage wiki members to improve the quality of existing works. The rules and guidelines are a work-in-progress; if you have suggestions, please leave them on the Talk Page.
So, what makes a bit of media eligible for nomination? Here are the guidelines:
- The media should represent and support the article or articles it appears in. A full-body shot focusing on one character is better than a blurry screen capture where the character is in the image, but not the focus, for example. Orphan media not linked to an article or non-Kingdom Hearts materials that appears on User pages is not eligible.
- The media should be appropriately high-quality. Images should be of good resolution with minimal or no artifacting, but not absurdly large. Sound clips should be clear and easy to hear, but not excessively long.
- The image must not bear or contain any watermarks, website labels, etc.
- The media, like all things on the wiki, should be from official or officially-verified sources. No fan art, no matter how awesome.
- The media nominated must be hosted in this wiki. Items hosted elsewhere, such as YouTube clips, are ineligible.
- The media must meet guidelines for fair-use. A thirty-second sample of "Simple and Clean" is fine; the entire song uploaded to the wiki is not.
You have something that meets the above rules, so now what? Well, if you meet the edit requirements below, on the first day of the month, post a link to your nominated media and sign your nomination with ~~~~! Remember, though, only three nominations per user per month! Pretty easy, right?
To vote, you must have 150 total edits (check here by typing in your username).
Editors have three votes; they must put their vote and signature, (~~~~) underneath the nominees of their choice. Those who nominated media can have their nomination counted as their one vote and can post again; if they want to change, they simply need to sign under another nominee, remove their nomination and move vote for another nominee.
On the last day of the month, votes will be tallied, and the three nominations with the most votes will become the next Featured Media!
In the event of ties, we will use a randomizer for the tied nominations.
Note: It should go without saying, but it is extremely unethical to be canvassing for votes for this forum. If evidence is found that you've been trying to taint the process, the staff will de-nominate the targeted media, and may bar you from voting for the next round.