|| Alrighty, brace yourself for a wall of text. This discussion is a result of the unused files category and as part of the Project: Image Renovation. Reason for discussion: Many of these images need an explanation/discussion over: a) whether we keep the image(s) or not b) does the image serve a purpose. This needs some input. As much as I enjoy slashing through the images, this is a better way of getting some feedback/attention, rather then spam every image's talk page with a sentence. Notice: Images that I feel are good to have but don't currently serve a purpose, such as File:DaysXionShocked.png, won't be mentioned to keep this wall of text as small as possible. If you feel an image that I've missed merits discussion, please feel free to post about it on this forum. So, here we go.
- Mobile Images from old: File:Final Form (Mobile).png, File:Sora 1 (Mobile).png, File:Santa Sora (Mobile).png, File:Cloud 2 (Mobile).png, File:Sephiroth 1 (Mobile).png, File:Roxas (Mobile).png, File:Cloud 1 (Mobile).png, File:Xemnas 2 (Mobile).png, File:Paine (Mobile).png, File:Reindeer Goofy (Mobile).png, File:Kairi 1 (Mobile).png, File:Yuffie 2 (Mobile).png, File:Red Nocturne (Mobile).png, File:RabidDogHead.png, File:IcyCubeHead.png, File:Black Cloak (Mobile).png.
- Discussion: I remember Kate had a huge gallery of mobile images. Some of these images have been incorporated into their respective articles, others haven't. Example of this would be: Sora (incorporated) and Chip (not). I'm not sure why these images have not been incorporated into the galleries. Is there a reason? I'm not up-to-date on the KH Mobile articles. The person I remember working on those articles the most was Kryten. Back to the images from the unused category: These images lack faces, and, for that reason, I'm assuming we preferred the other images. So, do we want to delete these or keep them?
- Merchandise Images: File:Axel Plush.png, File:File.KHteefem.jpg.jpg, File:Kingdom Hearts BBS Edition PSP.png
- Discussion:This probably deserves it's own forum. We need to decide what merchandise we're going to cover, specifically on merchandise not pertaining to the manga, figurines, guides, etc. Are we wanting to upload/list every single KH shirt, accessory, plush toy, bath towels/miscellaneous merchandise? If so, these images can stay and follow the cleaning up of the image renovation. Also, we need to scan Hot Topic/other sources for any released merchandise we do not have. If not, they need to go and we need to review our merchandise image category.
- Staff Images retired and active: File:OPMXKeybladeIcon.png, File:OPGamerIcon.png, File:OPYermomIcon.png, File:OPTNEIcon.png, File:OPNeumannzIcon.png, File:OPSSCIcon.png, File:OPENXIcon.png, File:OPSapharusIcon.png, File:OPmaggoshIcon.png, File:OPYuanIcon.png, File:OPKrytenIcon.png, File:OPChaosReaperIcon.png, File:OPMNIcon.png, File:OPFaethinIcon.png, File:OPSweetMemoriesIcon.png, File:OPDestinyPlaceIcon.png, File:StaffRoomCoreIcon.png, File:StaffXeHIcon.png, File:Staff Icon LegendAqua.png, File:Staff Icon Dark-EnigmaXIII.png, File:Staff Icon FinalRest.png, File:Staff Icon Chitalian8.png, File:Staff Icon Soxra.png, File:Staff Icon KrytenKoro.png, File:Staff Icon EternalNothingnessXIII.png.
- Discussion:I believe a discussion as to creating a retired staff page was proposed by Chainoffire for this week's Roundtable. Depending on what happens there, these images may or may not be needed. Regardless, some of these exist for people who weren't staff/active on khwiki.net/com. (Example:Yer mom, Gamer, and MN [MelodiousNature]).
- Cutscene Images: File:Heart358-2.png, File:Larxene's Sneer 01 KHRECOM.png, File:A Perfect Fit 01 KHBBS.png, File:Reunion with Aqua 01 KHBBS.png, File:Jiminy Journal's Other Message KHREC.png, File:Falling Into Our Hands 01 KH.png, File:A Connecting Dream 08 KHII.png, File:A Connecting Dream 09 KHII.png, File:Destiny Islands 02 KH.png (superseded by KH logo?), File:A Connecting Dream 07 KHII.png, File:Kingdom Hearts is Light 01 KH.png, File:Another Road 01 KHBBS.png, File:Keyblade 02 KH.png, File:Xion and Axel Face Off 01 KHD.png (superseded by HD 1.5 image?), File:He Reached For My Hand 02 KH3D.png, File:Keyblade Master Riku 01 KH3D.png, File:He Reached For My Hand 03 KH3D.png, File:The Icky Jobs 01 KH3D.png], File:The Icky Jobs 05 KH3D.png, File:The Sleeping Keyholes 01 KH3D.png, File:The Sleeping Keyholes 02 KH3D.png, File:Teaser 04 KHIII.png, File:Teaser 02 KHIII.png.
- Discussion:In short, we need to decide which ones we want to keep and delete the rest. Note: As far as I'm concerned on cutscene images, if they don't serve an immediate purpose on the Wiki, I say we get rid of them. What purpose does having every single snapshot of every single cutscene serve? Especially when we'll sneak/cram them into the gallery pages with a poor subtitle. For the ones we keep, please keep in mind where they can be used. As for the HD 1.5 and 2.5 images, most of these are here because they are "HD copies" of the same image from the original games. Have we decided which images we're actually keeping/using? Depending on that, the HD 1.5 and 2.5 images either need to remain in the unused category, be deleted, or be switched out with the original images...which would then be deleted.
- Gameplay Images: File:Central Corruption KHRCO.png, File:Scan LV3 KHREC.png, File:Sleight Screen KHRECOM.png, File:Dual Link Gauge KH3D.png, File:WBlueTrinity.png File:WRedTrinity.png File:WGreenTrinity.png File:WYellowTrinity.png, File:WWhiteTrinity.png (were these supposed to be used in the walkthrough? or are they duplicates of our currently used trinity mark images?), File:Dive Mode (Riku) 01 KH3D.png, File:Rumble Racing Gameplay (Aqua) 01 KHBBSFM.png, File:Data World (Gameplay) 01 KHREC.png, File:Trinity Limit KH3D.png, File:Slingshot KH3D.png, File:Code Break KH3D.png, File:Melody Catcher KH3D.png, File:Bubble Burst KH3D.png, File:Struggle Sword (Render) KHII.png File:Struggle Hammer (Render) KHII.png File:Struggle Wand (Render) KHII.png (superseded by currently used struggle images?), File:The Empty Realm KHII.png, File:Command Ball Drop Thing (Removed) KHBBS.png, File:Windmill KH3D.png, File:Save Point KHII.gif, File:Save Point KH3D.png, File:Stage Gadget KH3D.png, File:Quota Icon 3 KH3D.png, File:Secret Icon 2 KH3D.png, File:Ability Link (Up+Right+Down).svg, File:Link Mode 01 KHCOM.png, File:Link Mode 03 KHCOM.png, File:Battle Portal KH3D.png
- Site Images: File:RoundedblueTabChosen.png, File:SWbig.png, File:Sidebar-Navigation.png, File:Sidebar-Languages.png, File:Sidebar-Community.png, File:Sidebar-Toolbox.png, File:Sidebar-Search.png, File:Sidebar-strip.png, File:RoundedblueBullet.png, File:SearchImage.gif, File:Sidebar-Roundedblue-OtherWikis.png, File:Search-Roundedblue-GoButton.png, File:Search-Roundedblue-SearchButton.png, File:Roundedblue-Personal.png, File:RoundedblueTab.png, File:Sidebar-Roundedblue-Toolbox.png, File:Sidebar-Roundedblue-Navigation.png, File:Sidebar-Roundedblue-Community.png, File:Wiki-RoundedBlueBanner.png, File:Wiki-VectorBanner.png
- Discussion: Do we need these or not? Do they serve a purpose?
- .ogg Files: These would be ridiculous to list. Anyways, unless we plan on revamping the "list of tracks in the series" article and include snip-its of every single music file, OR if they will be used for something regarding Project:Music, I don't know what to do with them.
- Map Images: A lot to list. Could these be used in our Walkthrough space? If not, I don't see a purpose for them.
Let it be known that I'm totally fine with leaving images in the unused file category, if we deem it so. While I'd rather see the whole category empty, I understand that we should keep some images but just don't have a place for yet...Like the manga cover images. Those images will be used once their respective summary pages have been created. Said summary pages haven't been created because we have enough manga chapter articles needing filled in as it is. Anyways, I know this is quite a bit to shift through, but we need to get these files taken care of. We've pushed this problem back long enough, hence the whole Project:Image Renovation. Not only that, but I could use the help. Thanks.