As DTN has left the wiki, and his talk page is being blocked to stop flaming, I will say this here:
In honor of DTN:
SquareEnixRocks 03:23, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
NinjaSheik, we have to let him go. He's decided to go and live a real life, accomplish goals, y'know? SquareEnixRocks 03:27, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- That looks great SER! Thank you.
- It's funny how we're all referring to "the real life" as if it's some kind of otherly world. Godammit, none of us have lives. Shoot. --LegoAlchemist 03:28, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- We don't have lives? Then...am I dead? Or just a live, walking, decaying mummy? SquareEnixRocks 03:30, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Well, things like that happen, Ninja. People leave without telling you, then you don't get the chance to say good-bye. SquareEnixRocks 03:38, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Did I do something to upset you, NinjaSheik? =( SquareEnixRocks 03:40, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- It was his choice. I honestly doubt he'll come back. This really makes me think about life though... --LegoAlchemist 03:52, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- ...Are you angry? or are you sad? Or a mixture of both?--LegoAlchemist 04:00, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't know DTN as well as you, Ninja. I apologize, and please don't be angry. I cannot sympathize with your feelings. --LegoAlchemist 04:08, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
That's okay, Lego-san...It isn't your fault he left...But I still can't accept it like this! If he wants to leave, I want to talk to him one last time. To say good-bye properly...If I can't do that, I can't move on...--NinjaSheik 04:10, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
I can't really imagine the wiki without DTN. I didn't spend much time talking to him. But the times I did, I always enjoyed.Redeemer & Destroyer 04:11, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- That, I can relate to, Ninja-chan. (Ninja-san sounds weird : |) It's never easy when friends leave you... or when you leave friends, in some cases. I do hope he returns, so you, and other people can talk to him again. --LegoAlchemist 04:15, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
He was a good editor, and a good friend, let us bow our heads in respect, I hope he finds whatever it is he's looking for...--No.i 06:07, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
I can't believe he's actually gone. It just won't process in my head. Although, I never knew what I thought of him. He was nice to me all of the time (except when it came to featured media votes), but was extremely mean to JFHavoc. I have mixed emotions for him, but I'm gonna miss him. In the immortal words of Kairi: "Don't ever forget. Wherever you go, I'm always with you." DTN will be with all of us for the rest of our wiki-days, in what he taught us, and everything he did. KingdomKeyDarkside 06:17, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I'm one of those who want him to come back. But only time will tell. If you ask me, for now, if he's going to behave like such a childish jerk, then I say, good riddance. I'm only going to give him Archive #6 for the memories. That's it. He'll soon realise how he was back in his first few months - it's a far cry from what he is now. I consider him a friend, but if he doesn't wish to honour the friendship, je n'y peux rien ! TROISNYX AMDG 01:39, February 23, 2010 (UTC)
I'll admit, he's acting like a jerk! And I'm still upset that he left without even saying good-bye to me! Ugh!
- Indeed, I'd say the same too. See User talk:Troisnyxetienne/2009-6 and you'd probably say, yes, I'd love to relive those memories. I honestly do. I'll give him time to cool down, and then we'll see what develops.
- If after the cool-off period he behaves like a jerk, I'm going to give him my dismissal. Indeed, I'm indebted to him for having prayed for my safety back in NS, but I'm not the one who's changed. He has. TROISNYX AMDG 01:46, February 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Don't worry ; he'll come around, sooner or later. Let's hope my heart won't be hardened against him by then. TROISNYX AMDG 02:03, February 23, 2010 (UTC)
- @Troisnyxetienne: Woa woa woa, a jerk? Is that really what you think? I think it's called a life. Some folks have it (none of us seem too), and DTN decided to LIVE it, the way I see it. It's very unfair to call DTN a jerk. That's one of the reasons why he left the wiki, because people are calling him stuff like that.
- I apologize if I sound rude. It's just... don't call him a jerk, TNE.--LegoAlchemist 04:01, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
Really, now i think of him in the same way. Look at what he did when I tried to ask him to come back. (taken from the YGOTAS wiki) (Protection log) . . DoorToNothing (Talk | contribs) protected "User talk:DoorToNothing" [edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite) (I'm gone, accept it. Trying to bring me back shall be a fruitless effort, no matter what you try. I was not active on the wiki for you; I was active for my goal of improving the wiki. That goal has since expired.) Total jerkface. If he comes back... well let me just use a quote from Ike of Fire Emblem: You'll get no sympathy from me. I won't care if he ever comes back.
So, this means...people are starting to think that DTN's a jerk because he left because he wanted to have a real life or somethin'? SquareEnixRocks 04:08, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
Is it me, or is DTN starting to sound like Sasuke, for anyone how watches naruto.--No.i 04:21, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
@SER: No, they're not mad because he's trying to live his life. They're mad because he was a jerk to them. I'm pretty sure they couldn't care less what he's doing now. @No.i: Ehh, possibly. But Sasuke left for power and DTN left because he felt he was no longer of use or... idk. I'm not really sure why he left. --JFHavoc 04:30, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I just got that idea from what he said to KKD: saying we can't bring him back, and that he was here for he's goal and not us, and all. Doesn't that sound at least a little like Sasuke?--No.i 04:39, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Look, guys, I honour and cherish the friendship between DTN and me. And again, I must state that I'm truly indebted to him for praying for my safety back when I was in National Service. But as a friend, let me reaffirm this : leaving wiki users in the lurch, over a mistake, and acting totally nasty about it, leaves me no other choice but to describe him as a jerk. Seriously. After what KKD told me about this, I don't give a damn as to what happens now. I'm just going to let time take its course.
- And after the cool-off period, if he still acts like a jerk, choosing to even forgo the people whom he holds on to dearly in KHW all for the sake of a misunderstanding, then I shall have no choice but to let bygones be bygones. Sorry, folks, but if this is the kind of betrayal I'm going to get, then I have to put my foot down.
- In response to LA, yes indeed ; in life, people change. But to have a friend turn against you and all those who stood for him, this is not what life advocates. I hope, deep in my heart, that whatever his endeavours may be, he does well. But seriously, if we're just going to be no-things to him, then, leave it be. Full stop. TROISNYX AMDG 12:27, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- To everyone who thought DTN was a jerk, they were right. He was selfish, did his own thing without others' consent, was rude to those that attempted to be his friend, staying in an inner circle and showing favoritism, and tried to shut out others' ideas because his were "better" or "the best," not willing to let anyone help him. He was a good contributor to the Wiki nonetheless, and it is for that alone that he has what little of my respect he earned. I wish his endeavors with a "life" serve him well, but he had no right to make us look like the villains. And for SSC to leave, it was just a loyalist movement because DTN had made him his puppet. I honestly don't like discussing users. Let them do what they wish. What I will say is I cherish the times we spent as strong acquaintances before he became a moderator. If he was anything close to the victim he believed himself to be, he was the victim of his own power-hungry rants. Taking into account that he sometimes acted worse than most of us here, even some of the anons, speaking ill words about others and the like, perhaps his presence here was just as much a hinderence as it was a help to us. - Eternal Nothingness XIII
This is real depressing... I feel like he was just hated to much that he needed to go away from it. I didn't even know the guy that much...but he reminds me of a certain user that apparently is an "enemy" of this wiki. But do you think it's really worth it to also make DTN an enemy? --Ricki wants soda! 12:57, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- He's not my enemy, and if he comes back, I'll welcome him. That's one thing for sure. TROISNYX AMDG 12:58, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- By all means. TROISNYX AMDG 14:59, February 24, 2010 (UTC)