|We hope you enjoy your time on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki! Before you contribute, please see the following:
Thank you for joining the Kingdom Hearts Wiki community! We look forward to working with you. May your heart be your guiding key!
Kingdom Hearts X section
Hi Levi, thanks for adding so much information to the KHX sections. There are still some problems with it. Firstly, the titles of the games are Kingdom Hearts χ[chi], Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ and Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross], that's how they are spelled in official material. It might not make much sense but that's how it is.
Secondly Unchained χ actually plays after χ[chi], this is confirmed in newest story quests. It may be a (partial) repetition, but χ[chi] is the original story and that should be reflected on these pages, so Unchained χ shouldn't replace χ[chi] here. Differences and alternate scenes should be placed/merged within the Union χ section.
Last but not least while it's really great you're adding these necessary story sections, you're putting way too much detail in them. Please compare the story sections you write with some of the articles we already have on other characters here (like Sora, Riku or Kairi). Currently the whole Daybreak Town section is commented out and not because it's wrong or anything, but because it's way, way too long. If you have questions how to handle things here please don't be afraid to ask. Thanks again, ShardofTruth 22:53, 7 May 2017 (UTC)
No problem, I can take it back a bit in terms of the information. In terms of Kingdom Hearts χ, should the information from Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ just go under the sections for Kingdom Hearts χ? The two story lines are exactly the same save for one set of missions surrounding a wielder that was reckless and decided to separate himself from his friends as a result in hopes that it would keep them safe. Furthermore, how would you like the information from Kingdom Hearts Back Cover organized on the character pages? Chronologically or separately as its own heading? As of right now I've put the information in alongside the information from Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ. As well, is there some sort of page dedicated to chronology? If not I would love to work on a Kingdom Hearts Timeline page and detail the events of each game in order. Also, I saw on a page (not sure which one) that indicated that the Keyblade War took place only 100 years before Kingdom Hearts rather than hundreds of years. Is this fact or fiction? For all I know this content was already deleted as fan-made content but I'd rather be sure (that would certainly make a timeline easier to create as well).
- Okay, let's try to break it down:
- 1. Summarizing the story of KHχ chronologically is a huge problem, especially those Anniversary side missions and Unchained exclusive missions. But, like with the other games, we don't actually have to do this, we just keep it separate for each game. This means χ[chi] covers the main story until the Keyblade War, Back Cover covers the Foreteller's perspective and Unchained the repetition perspective followed by the split. So all early section should be χ[chi]. Then there should be a Unchained/Union χ section with a very short summary like "the player relived this and that part, but here was a difference and then Castle of Dream happened where everything split".
- That's for the game pages. On character pages it get's a bit more difficult like when "Case of Ava" from Back Cover is continued in Union χ. In this case it's probably better to mix it while for characters like Ephemer and Skuld it's a bit easier to handle per game.
- Keep in mind that you always can use the story quest links, so there is another possibility to demonstrate the chronological order. If you summarize events like meeting King Mickey or the reckless Keyblade Wielder in one or two sentences on the game/world page you won't have much problems with the chronology of the main quest at all, because you practically can put in anywhere you want. Generally the the level of details on game pages should be less than on world pages where in turn it should be less than on character and finally concrete term, item or mission pages.
- If you want to refer to the χ-series a a whole you can also you Kingdom Hearts χ as the story header, this what was done in the past too.
- 2. The exact quote goes like "at least a 100 years before the events of Kingdom Hearts", so that's at least 90 years before BBS and is repeated in many Japanese articles like here. So it's not fiction but since Nomura never directly confirmed this time in an interview it still should be taken with a grain of salt.
- 3. The Foretellers are masters, this is confirmed by the game itself and by Nomura who said that a Foreteller is simply a special kind of master. I think the reason they are excluded from the Keyblade Master page is simply because it wasn't updated yet. You're also right with suggesting to remove "Foreteller" from the pages names. I'll ask around if there are different opinions on this matter and will probably move them afterwards.
- I hope this helps a bit. --ShardofTruth 19:28, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
All right - right now I'm just finishing inputting what we have of the story into the Enchanted Domionion page. For now, I've separated it as Union Cross and Chi - but I was wondering if the Chi section should not go under the title of Unchained 0 [Zero] - as the events of the Enchanted Dominion during the Chi era were a part of a Special Episode called Unchained 0 [Zero]. To that end, should Unchained 0 [Zero] be given its own page rather than being tacked on the end of the Chi plot as it is now? -Levi657
Hey, I really appreciate all the work you've put into these, but I wanted to let you know you're going into an extreme amount of specifics with the sections that end up making them pretty overwhelming for the reader, and obscure the central meaning of the different scenes. Please try to focus on writing the sections to be briefer and more summarized."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 18:56, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi Levi, just so you know I re-uploaded your images from the Ava page and renamed them too. We have an image policy here, that might seem a bit complicated at first but it helps to keep on overview immensely. Uploading just .png (instead of .jpg) images is the most important part, since it always allows us to replace the image with higher quality or transparent versions if needed. Thanks --ShardofTruth 08:44, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
Hey, I saw the images you're uploading, and I wanted to let you know they're not following our naming policy. The names should be "File:(Cutscene name) (Number) KHUX.png". You can check the cutscene names in the Theater in the game, and the number is to put them in the correct order. For example, File:The Queen and Magic Mirror.png should be named File:An Enchanting Encounter 01 KHUX.png. TheSilentHero 12:15, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
Sorry, thanks for the heads up, you wouldn't happen to know how to move these pages then would you? Or do they have to be deleted and reuploaded under the new name? I have the all listed with their necessary new homes: File:Player Acquires Keyblade.png -> File:The Power of Light 01 KHUX.pngFile: Player meets Chirithy.png]] -> ??? (This cutscene happens before a mission, but is not included in any of the cutscenes in the KHUX Theater mode, so I don't know where it would need to be moved to) File: Union vs Darkside.png -> File:The Power of Friendship 01 KHUX.png File:Player and Chirithy Open Gate.png -> File:To Other Worlds 01 KHUX.png File:The Queen and Magic Mirror.png -> File:An Enchanting Encounter 01 KHUX.png File:Snow White meets the Prince.png -> File:An Enchanting Encounter 02 KHUX.png File:Player Saves Snow White.png -> File:A Precious Light 01 KHUX.png File:Player feels lonely.png -> File:A Monster 01 KHUX.png File:Queen vs Snow White.png -> File:The Poisoned Apple 01 KHUX.png File: Hearts Connected 01.png -> File:Hearts Connected 01 KHUX.png File:Hearts Connected 02.png -> File:Hearts Connected 02 KHUX.png (Levi657 (talk) 12:18, 13 December 2017 (UTC))
- I can move them for you. TheSilentHero 13:21, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
Hey, Levi657. :) First, thanks again for all of your hard work! But I think it's important to say this since no one mentioned this yet. There's not an official rule, but this is pretty common for a lot wikis: While it's great that you're uploading images for KHX, please make sure not to go overboard with it. Remember, the wiki is, first and foremost, an encyclopedia, not a respiratory for images. You don't have to upload an image for every little scene or thing, you know? Images should be used to help illustrate the the important points of story, and they should be kept in galleries in reasonable size so the gallery pages aren't overwhelmed with too many images to prevent disorganization.--NinjaSheik 21:07, 15 December 2017 (UTC)
No problem, I was mostly using the Gallery as a hub for the images, really the only ones that I intend on staying there are the ones that involve the main story and events in Daybreak Town. Everything else I intend on putting toward world pages (I try to limit myself to maybe 4 or 5 images for the entire world arc but I can lessen that even more if need be), maybe character pages if the situation demands it. I can start doing that soon, just for the time being I'm a little swamped with exams :S (Levi657 (talk) 23:16, 15 December 2017 (UTC))
- Hey, uh, Levi, I'm noticing that a lot of your images are lacking the rationale. You're not filing in the description in the Summary template, which is required. If you don't fill them out, your images are liable to be taken down and deleted since they don't comply with the image policy.--NinjaSheik 20:48, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
Hey, there. I wanted to let you know that the article Mog has been flagged for lacking a reliable source for the claim that the character Mog from Kingdom Hearts Union X is a Moogle. We just need to know where the information is from. Because we pride ourselves in being factually and officially correct, we want to make sure this claim is real. If you can help prove this is true, then the maintenance template will be removed, and we can add the source to the article's references. Otherwise, we will need to remove the content by Tuesday, February 6. Thanks! KeybladeSpyMaster 01:10, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
Hey, Levi. Just wanted to let you know, regarding the images you uploaded today. We need you to fill out the AboutFile template that appears when you upload them. I noticed you deleted he template from each file summary page, and that goes against our media policy. Please go back and fill out this very important information. Thank you! KeybladeSpyMaster 01:06, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
Sorry I cause so much commotion - I was actually just following the format of the images included on the Play Arts Kai page, which have no summaries and instead simply feature a category for the images. (Levi657 (talk) 12:02, 14 February 2018 (UTC))