From the Kingdom Hearts Wiki: A world of information not accessible by GummishipJump to navigationJump to search
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- "Oh, why can't I ever seem to remember this address exactly?"
— when Terra first meets him.
- "Did I? Ohh, I'm very sad to say this isn't one of mine...but what a remarkable book it is. This unassuming volume seems to have the unusual effect of awakening one's innermost abilities."
— talking about the book.
- "The name is Merlin! I'm a powerful wizard, and I'll have you know a lot of wisdom comes with age. Anyway, as I said, the book is not mine, but I'd be happy to keep it here for you."
— introducing himself to Terra.
- "Hang it all! Can't I get a moment's peace!?"
— seeing Ventus.
- "Oh, ordering me about—now that's unsafe. After all, I'm Merlin the Wizard. Oh ho... Another scamp looking to wake the powers inside him, is that it?"
— introducing himself to Ventus.
- "We wizards have a knack for knowing such things. The book is inside on the table. You may have a gander, if you like."
— talking about the book.
- "Just as I said it would happen, here's the third one! That book is almost more trouble than it's worth..."
— meeting Aqua.
- "Say no more. The book you need to awaken the powers within you is just inside. Read to your heart's content, my dear."
— talking about the book.
- "Well, well...You've arrived sooner than I expected."
— meeting Sora and his friends.
- "Oh, my. No. My name is Merlin. As you can see, I am a sorcerer. I spend much of my time traveling. It's good to be home. Your king has requested my help."
— introducing himself to Sora and company.
- "Ah. So, you have found the key."
— talking to Sora.
— before he "unpacks" his things.
- "There, now. Ahem. Your king asked me to train you in the art of magic. We can start anytime you like. Let me know when you're ready to begin the training. Oh, and one more thing."
— about the training.
- "Oh, that book... So, Cid asked you to bring this. Thank you. You wish to know what kind of book it is? I don't even know, myself. In fact, it's not mine. Somehow it found its way into my bag one day. It was such a curious book, I asked Cid to repair it for me. Well, I guess I'll put it here somewhere, for now. This book holds a great secret. The missing pages will unlock it. I'll leave the book over there. Do look at it whenever you like. My best regards to Cid for repairing it for me. Oh, and about that stone of yours...You should ask the Fairy Godmother about that."
— upon Sora giving the Old Book to him.
Kingdom Hearts II
- "Oh! I thought it was you. Right on time!"
— meeting Sora and company.
- "Now, what am I to do with you? I suppose I'll have to lend you a few spells. But be careful with them!"
— before Sora and company leave for the Bailey.
- "Well, now...took your time, did you?"
— summoning Sora and company.
- "That's right. I know you're a good friend of Winnie the Pooh, Sora—that's why I summoned you. And when I did, I was attacked by the Heartless. Of course, I fought back with some rather powerful magic, but then I began to fear the book would be damaged, so I...Oh! Now, just a moment. Leon and the others need to hear this too. I-I'd better go find them. Be back in a jiffy."
— before he leaves in a puff of smoke.
- "Couldn't be bothered to wait up for an old wizard, eh?"
— after Sora returns from 100 Acre Woods.
- "I suspect it has something to do with those pages the Heartless stole. You'll have to collect the torn pages and repair the book to put things right. This book is one of the world's most cherished elements. I'd been meaning to tell Leon I'd found it, but perhaps we should keep it between us for now."
— talking about the condition of the book.
- "Simply concentrate on it with all your heart, and you need only say the word to summon an ally who will help in times of need."
— talking about Summons.
- "What is all that racket? Ho-ho! I thought—oh, it's you! It looks like you've learned a bit since the last time I saw you."
— when Sora and company need his help with the Cornerstone of Light.
- "Perhaps, I'd better just see for myself."
— after he teleports the company to Disney Castle.
- "My boy, that is a gateway to a special world. Someone in that world is responsible for what's going on in this castle. Of that, I'm certain."
— talking about the special world.
- "Wait a moment! The perpetrators must be stopped, of course. But there's something else to do first. Somewhere in that world, there should be another door that's identical to this one. I believe our enemies are utilizing that door. As long as it remains open, the castle will be in grave danger. Listen carefully, Sora. You must find that door. And when you do---lock it with your Keyblade."
— talking about the situation and the way to stop it.
- "Now, one more thing. You're heading into a very special world. While you're there, the nature of that world may tempt you to do something dark. You must resist that temptation at all costs!"
— warning Sora and company about the special world.
- "There should be a door identical to this one in that world. You must use your power to close it!"
— talking about the other special door.
- "By george! The lads have accomplished their mission."
— upon Sora and company defeating Pete.
- "Think wisely!"
— before Sora and company leaves Disney Castle.
- "That MCP thingy set the town's defense devices to attack us. We can't fight back, so if you get close to them you'll just have to dodge their attacks."
— talking about the town's defense system.
- "OLD loon you say!?"
— after Cid insults him.
- "Oh ho-ho-ho, I'll show you who's old!"
— before casting a spell towards Cid.
- "Be on your guard!"
— talking to Leon.
- "Hmm... I'd be fascinated to ascertain as to when the town got such a dreadful name as Hollow Bastion!"
— when he remembers the true name of Hollow Bastion.
Kingdom Hearts III
- Ah, greetings, gentleman. What brings you all the way out here? Besides the finest tea this side of Big Ben, of course.
— meeting Sora and company in Twilight Town.
- There's no need to fret, lad. Whatever’s lost can be found again. There are always new paths between hearts for us to discover and traverse. But you already know that.
— when Sora says he never wants to lose his friends.