This Media Policy is meant to provide a set of standards for the uploading and use of various media files on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki. This policy not only betters the organization of media files, but aims to make them better in quality and usable in many situations.
All images must be uploaded as either .png or .gif file formats. When uploading an image, make sure that it is of adequate quality; avoid uploading an image if it is too blurry or hard to make out. Images such as renders, logos, or single-item artwork should be uploaded with a transparent background. You may use Adobe Photoshop or GIMP to remove backgrounds or convert files to the appropriate format. Do not use Microsoft Paint for this, as it doesn’t have the ability to remove or retain transparency. If you are using a program to save create files in .gif, make sure to render them in the "Pattern" style, which optimizes quality. Screenshots from the games should be taken directly from the game, and should not be uploaded with any form of trademark or watermark on the image. Merchandise and product images may have trademarks on the items if the image is the official product image.
At all times, use officially-released images. Do not use or upload fan art or user-altered images of any kind, except those altered to remove white backgrounds.
Music files should be uploaded in the .ogg file format. Upload only 30-second snippets of a music track. Exceptions may exist for tracks that require a longer excerpt to better illustrate the piece, but these should be discussed on the appropriate track article's talk page before uploading. Do not upload entire tracks, as this may violate copyrights. Such tracks will be marked for deletion. You may use programs such as Audacity to edit tracks to appropriate length and convert them to a .ogg file.
Videos should not be uploaded to the Wiki. Instead, videos may be uploaded to YouTube and embedded on articles. You do this by using the wikitext tags
<youtube>. Videos should be of appropriate quality; do not embed videos that are too blurry or poorly recorded. You may embed videos to demonstrate strategies for defeating certain enemies and bosses, as well as all official trailers. Review the Manual of Style before uploading videos. You may also record videos specifically for the Wiki, which can he uploaded to the wiki's YouTube channel. Talk to a member of the wiki staff for information on how to do this.
The Wiki’s file organization system, called File Names, is meant to help organize the various media files uploaded to the wiki. It was formed shortly after the current image policy above was. As images were being converted from low quality .jpg files, an idea came to tag them with proper names that make give a sense of organization and makes searching for images easier. The format is basically File:(subject) (world (if applicable)) (game).png.
- Example: A render of Leon from Kingdom Hearts II should be uploaded as "Leon KHII.png".
In the case of character renders in worlds such as Timeless River, Space Paranoids, Halloween Town and Pride Land, the world names are incorporated in image names in the form of initials.
- Example: A render of Sora in the Pride Lands should be uploaded as "Sora PL KHII.png".
Screenshots from cutscenes should be named using the following scheme: cutscene name, chronological ID (first image from that scene, etc.), game ID. Trailers should be named by the event name, trailer, chronological ID, game ID.
- Example: An image presently saved as "Aqua meets Kairi.jpg" should be converted and uploaded as "File:Magic to Keep Kairi Safe 02 KHBBS.png". The names of the cutscenes can be found on the Theater Mode page.
- Example: An image from the Kingdom Hearts III trailer shown at E3 2013 should be uploaded as File:E3 2013 Trailer 01 KHIII.png
File Name Tags
This lists all the file name tags used on the wiki.
- KH - Kingdom Hearts
- KHFM - Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- KHCOM - Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
- KHRECOM - Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
- KHII - Kingdom Hearts II
- KHIIFM - Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- KHD - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
- KHBBS - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- KHBBSFM - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
- KHC - Kingdom Hearts coded
- KHREC - Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
- KH3D - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- KH3DHD - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance HD
- KHHD - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
- KHIIHD - Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
- KHX - Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]
- KHUX - Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ & Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross]
- KHXBC - Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover
- KH0.2 - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-
- KHIII - Kingdom Hearts III
|100 Acre Wood||HAW||PO|
|Castle of Dreams||CoD||CD|
|Country of the Musketeers||CotM||TM|
|Dive to the Heart||DttH||DH|
|End of the World||EotW||EW|
|Jungle Book World||N/A||JB|
|La Cité des Cloches||LCdC||ND|
|Land of Departure||LoD||DP|
|Realm of Darkness||RoD||ES|
|Symphony of Sorcery||SoS||FA|
|The Land of Dragons||LD||MU|
|The World That Never Was||TWTNW||EH|