Forum:Vandals: Why do they do it?
Don't we all hate vandals? They often mess up the pages, replacing text with gibberish, and putting their opinions in the article, instead of the talkpage. Just why? Why do they do that kind of stuff? SeanWheeler 15:10, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
First of all, this should be in the Twilight Town Library. Second, we already discussed this here. I'm not a vandal myself but I think I know why they're doing this:
- they want attention.
- they want to help, but they're doing it wrong
- they just wanna have fun
- they're trolling
- either they don't know the rules or just they're ignoring them
- they don't know how to do stuff,
- they're mentally retarded
Why would this be in the Twilight Town Library? The Twilight Town Library is for fandom stuff, while this forum thread is about issues going on in Kingdom Hearts Wiki, which is the specialty of The World that Never was. Vandals are not fandom. They are a wiki issue. SeanWheeler 15:51, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
- There's already a forum about this.
- Vandals are, by definitioon, attention whores. That may be "fun" for them, but it's still just getting attention. The only reason to vandalize anything is some sad, misplaced desire to be remembered for something. That or it's "for the lulz" a phrase I hate so much I want the person who came up with it incarcerated.
- Users who don't know how to do something aren't vandals, they're inexperienced.
- Making fun of metal retardation isn't funny. THat's two forums now where I've had to say something like that.LapisLazuliScarab16:04, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
The World That Never Was is for suggesting improvements to the wiki and discussing wiki-problem. And you're asking for other's opinions on vandals, while Hangon (the one that made the thread me and Lapis linked) is suggesting an improvement for the wiki. Oops, sorry Lapis. I wasn't making fun of them :( The17master