Forum:Operation: Keychain - HD 2.0 Final ReMIX -
(from KHWiki:About on the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, retrieved 30 May 2017, bold added).
"Regrettably, the Kingdom Hearts Wiki is not doing well in accomplishing its purpose. Traffic on site has slowed down considerably, and this is taking a toll in the wiki's ability to cover the content from the series, especially with the monumental and changing news from both Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts χ. What the wiki needs now is more volunteer editors to add to the number of hands involved, allowing the content to be covered completely with less need for any one of us to be on site a lot of time. The community exists; they can be found on the forums and pages of sites like KHInsider, KH13, reddit, and IGN. We simply need to help our wiki turn the traffic this way, and the wiki’s purpose details well how to best do that. This intends to organize efforts to do just that
OPERATION: KEYCHAIN was organized at the end of 2014 to help organize the work of the wiki for the year 2015. OPERATION: KEYCHAIN - VOLUME 2 - is written to establish a vision for the Kingdom Hearts Wiki in order to help the wiki accomplish the elements listed in its purpose. Bringing the focus back to the wiki's purpose, Operation: Keychain – Volume 2 – (OKC0.2) is meant to direct our work as editors to fulfill our purpose."
-From the OPERATION: KEYCHAIN - VOLUME 2 - document
- I think we need to focus on
- Updating story info for KHUX concepts
- Completing articles for all KHUX special attacks, items, KH 0.2 and 3D items, special attacks, etc.
- Finishing Project World and getting the nihongo and room names integrated everywhere, with in-depth coverage of each room (preferably including screenshots and concept art), maps, etc. At least one sentence or paragraph describing each room.
- Finishing the Game: articles for every boss and world, and getting boss strategies up to new standard (see Game:Sephiroth or Game:Eraqus). This means trawling the Ultimania and KH2 Bradygames guide for attack descriptions and stats, sorting basic strategies by which enemy command they're reacting to, and also getting complete item/enemy lists done up for KH 0.2, KH3DHD.
- I have no real opinion on the social media/PR stuff. My own focus always has and will be on the wiki simply having the information, whether anybody reads it or no."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 15:06, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
- Trailers are not and have never been accepted as canon, and if anyone has been adding them those contributions should be burned. Trailers may only be discussed on the KH3 article itself, as trailers."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 22:03, 12 June 2017 (UTC)
- I honestly feel we need to take a little less of an arbitrary approach to this. Although here's been plenty in trailers that turned out not to make it into the final game, there's also plenty in trailers that ultimately is canon. We would look just as unprofessional to pretend arbitrarily deny all trailer content as non-canon as we do if we arbitrarily assume all in trailers are canon. For example, it's pretty clear from the most recent trailer, in addition to scenes from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded that Pete and Maleficent are set to return in Kingdom Hearts III. It'd be really dumb also to claim that it's not official that Olympus Coliseum and Hercules are set to appear as well. Hades, I wouldn't jump to consider that official yet, since he's only appeared in one trailer. There should be a balance on the matter. In all honesty, the world doesn't end if we have to remove content once in a while that doesn't make it in the final game, if there's had been justifiable reason to believe that it would have been. I'm sure we do so even with the current policy. KeybladeSpyMaster 00:02, 13 June 2017 (UTC)