Forum:BBS Characters separate "Gameplay" page
So, I just joined this wiki today, particularly to help clean up the BBS articles, as they are quite confusing to navigate.
One of my ideas is to create a "gameplay" page for Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, where the nuts and bolts of their different scenarios can be covered in-depth without cluttering up the main page. I already created a "Finish Command" and "Command Style" section on Ventus's page, which I will move over to the gameplay page when I get it set up. Here are the sections that I think should be covered with each character:
- General Gameplay
- Full Command Collection Guide in Journal Order
- Attack Commands - Magic Commands - Shotlocks
- Command Styles
- Finish Commands
- Treasures and Stickers
Thoughts? As I said, this is my first day, so I don't know if you guys have already voted something like this down or not.
Also, is there any way to add the "Add Table" button to the Wiki editor? Typing all that out by hand was really complicated.
- We already cover each command, d-link, treasure, finish command, etc. on their own pages, and in lists. This honestly sounds extremely redundant to what we already have. However, each of them has an "Abilities" section, which is already meant to cover their general gameplay and summarize their unique abilities. If you want to clean those up, and trim them down, that would be awesome."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 01:19, January 23, 2011 (UTC)
- While I understand that, all of the D-Links, finish commands, and commands are combined for each character, making it really hard to find the information that you need on a specific page. I just finally saved up enough money to buy BBS less than a month ago, and I was playing through it using information from this site. I sometimes had to go three or four links deep to find information that I was looking for, and even then, had to sift through all of the information from the other two characters to "decode" the information that I was looking for. Most grievously, in order to find the information, I was exposed to end-game spoilers for the game. So is it really so redundant to parse the information down, make it character-specific, and put it all on one page that people can access without having to worry about spoilers? I think it would be a useful way of re-organizing the information. Xion4ever, this is my first time contributing to a wiki. I taught myself the table coding last night and spent an hour typing it out by hand. The only other wiki that I have regularly visited is Bulbapedia, for the pokemon franchise. They often have three or four pages covering the same information from different angles, making them the most organized wiki I have ever used, and the most useful. Why should Kingdom Hearts wiki be afraid to create more pages if it makes information easier to find and more organized? --22.214.171.124 15:30, January 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it would. First of all, this is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough. Second of all, there are no spoilers on the various command lists, except possibly the Vanitas D-Link. Third of all, every command can be found by typing it into the search bar. You do not have to go more than "two links deep", and that's if you're just browsing and don't know what you're looking for. If you're looking for a specific Deck Command, either go to "Deck Commands" or simply type in the Commands name, then go to that article's "Learning X" section, which tells you every way to get it. If it's too hard to "untangle the information there"...I'm sorry, then you have low reading comprehension. They are in bulleted lists that make sure to list the character's name in each section.
- You are asking us to paste large-scale tables onto pages, listing every single ability they can do. The individual pages listing each type of ability are already very long - your method would turn Aqua's page into a miniature book. Furthermore, we use tables when we have to to present large reams of data for archival purposes (like on Deck Commands). Character pages are used to discuss and report on the character, and replacing a prose section with fifteen tables is lazy design, and creates a low quality site.
- "Multiple articles examining something from multiple angles" is really the opposite of "organized", by the way.
- I especially don't understand why each character's article should cover each treasure they can pick up. Not only do we have treasure lists for each world (and not only is it ridiculously easy to find all the chests in the games already), but at this point you should just be using a walkthrough.
- However, we do have a walkthrough space where users can write their own walkthroughs for the games. If you want to start your own walkthrough, or use one of those that have already been written, more power to you."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 00:27, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Well... wow. If that is the attitude of people here, then this is obviously not a wiki I want to use or spend time on updating. In my own opinion (which is obviously not shared by this wikia community), a focused encyclopedia SHOULD strive to cover all relevant information from every available angle. Let me just address two things: 1. The Vanitas D-Link is a MASSIVE spoiler for those who have not played the game. 2. To the unnamed person who doubts my reading comprehension: I am an English teacher, and based on multiple tests I have taken, my reading comprehension is in the 99th percentile of the nation (USA). My specialty in my field is curriculum development: taking disorganized, but good, information and arranging it in ways that make it easy to learn and remember. Now, it's obvious that my ideas aren't welcome here, so this will be my farewell. Bleu VII --126.96.36.199 09:30, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
- ...you basically asked us to create walkthroughs for each character. We said "we have a separate walkthrough space for that." You definitely have some kind of reading difficulty."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 09:39, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, one more post, just because I can't let that incredibly rude response be the last word. Please go back and read my first post. Maybe it will "clarify" just exactly what I was asking, and how your responses have not addressed the topic at all. I didn't ask you to create a walkthrough; I suggested creating a gameplay page for each of the BBS scenario characters to 1. Unclutter the current BBS character pages for Ventus, Terra, and Aqua, and 2. Have all of the information listed in one place that people can access quickly and easily without having to scroll past plot information that is a potential spoiler. AND I believe, if you read that first post, I heavily implied that I intended to do all of it alone. I just didn't want someone to go and delete the page, since every edit I had made up to that point had been undone. BleuVII --188.8.131.52 04:21, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
- You asked us to have lists of where to get each command, lists of all the treasure chests, etc. That's a walkthrough. In fact, it's every piece of walkthrough besides the actual boss strategies. Sooooo...yeah, you lack reading comprehension, and you like to try to retcon history, even when everyone can see what you said earlier. Even then, we explained how all the information was already on the wiki, and how you could address your concerns without interfering with our preferred organization; instead of making any attempt to experiment with our offers, you chose to throw a tantrum...so I can fairly say that you'd prefer to have a fit if you aren't 100% obeyed, rather than try to work with others. I weep for your students."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 04:40, February 7, 2011 (UTC)