Talk:Way to the Dawn
I posted yesterday that Riku obtained Way to Dawn by transforming soul eater. I believe that Nomura stated this in an Interview, I'll try to find it.
- Well, even if Nomura does say that Riku transformed the Soul Eater into WttD (well, this is pretty obvious anyway), did he specify how?
- I suppose not, but up until i changed it the page had said that there was no explaination given for how he obtained Way to Dawn. I'm not trying to be stubborn but I think that we should mention as much as we know.
Thank god for Final Mix.DannyP 02:44, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
Kingdom Hearts appearance?
I was replaying through a couple of parts yesterday, and I was just curious if anyone else sees what I see. If you watch when Riku meets up with Sora in Traverse Town the first time after they're separated, take the oppertunity look closely at the Keyblade in his hands. You don't see much of it, but from what little you do see, the hilt looks an awful lot like Way to the Dawn... BebopKate 07:26, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- This might be a redundant question, considering that it is mentioned in the very first line in the article, but could you perhaps be mistaking it for the Soul Eater..? --Hecko X 12:05, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Not sure. I would have said Soul Eater at first, but it seemed to have the open-style hilt of Way to the Dawn, with the half-blue, half-white. I'll check it again when I get the chance. BebopKate 18:57, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
Soul Eater Theory
It think it's possible that the Soul Eater is the dark part of WTTD due to Riku submitting to darkness and the dark keyblade being taken by Mickey. Myself 123 18:30, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
Director's Secret report
Again nomura never specifies it's alignment just that"It's naturally the same type as Sora's"
I was the one who introduced that report to this site.ass.
there are still unknown variables. another report says "Naturally the same type as" not "Realm of light keyblade" the two don't mean the same thing and it is a misrepresntation of a source. I could post "Another report says sora is a rubber chicken" and it wouldn't be any more or less true.(and there is such thing as "The exception that proves the rule")
but there are other possible meanings.uh,"Keyblade of peoples hearts" vs "Heart of worlds keyblade". Both are from destiny islands.Both are "Skeleton Key" as opposed to "Pin-tumbler lock key" Both good guys. maybe something else the two have in common we just haven't noticed.
I'm going by the protaganists themselves
or maybe a keyblade has something to do with the person (or heart) using it
Nomura screws up logic (again)
It says that in Another Report that Way to the Dawn is a light-aligned Keyblade, disregarding that its design says otherwise, bein' that it has more demonic attributes than it does angelic, not to mention that it's serrated, which spells out evil. I mean, how does this, in any way, shape or form, LOOKS LIKE a Keyblade that could have come from the LIGHT? As far as I know, Riku has a heart of light, but uses darkness powers...so how...uhhh....Kaihedgie 22:47, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- Because Keyblade's either lock the door's from the realm of light or the realm of darkness. Those have absolutely no correlation to their element, or the morality of their wielder. The difference is basically the same as that between a building's entrance and exit. The report explains this in the same paragraph.220.127.116.11 23:26, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
Ya didn't answer the question. Why is is a Keyblade of light when it looks nothin' like a Keyblade you'd expect would come from said realm? There are far more darkness attributes on the blade than there are light attributes thought it was my understanding that Way to the Dawn supposedly represents what Riku is. Does it LOOK LIKE ANYTHING you'd see from that realm? XD Kaihedgie 00:37, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Halloween Town is in the Realm of Light. QED.18.104.22.168 01:32, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Now that's just a load of bull. XD A grim-lookin', Halloween-style world isn't anyone's idea of residence to occupy in the realm of light. I dun't care what Nomura says, he screwed up logic D:
It would have been just soooo much easier to make a Twilight realm, but.... Kaihedgie 02:00, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Nomura must plunge his head back into the dictionary and rewrite everything x:. Also the line between good and evil is blurry, especially regarding light and darkness. Kaihedgie 02:35, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Who says that the keyblade has to look like it came from the realm of light to be from it.--22.214.171.124 03:09, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Way to the Dawn design
Where exactly did the Way to the Dawn come from? I'm pretty sure it didn't go * poof * and Riku goes " hey what do you know my Soul Eater changed form. " --PrincessAndie8thprincessofheart 20:59, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
Maybe riku went through a dive into the hearts to get it to change.--126.96.36.199 03:12, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Wait a minute...
- Because of the problem at Oblivion, Kingdom Key, and Oathkeeper, we decided to move Keyblade images to the lead if they appear several times. See Kingdom Key for the new format.Glorious CHAOS! 02:58, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
Seeing as Ventus sees this Keyblade during his awakening, is it worth giving the article a BbS icon?