Considering the ridiculous scope of the merging process, we're divvying it up. It will go a lot like the audit, with the big complication of around 10 months of divergence between KHWiki and The Keyhole. This means that instead of just bringing things "up to speed", we'll need to compare the contents of the two wikis and merge them together where appropriate.
Not everything will be a big deal. Most likely the only serious concern will be the mainspace, and even then there will probably be specific groups of articles that need extra attention, such as character pages, world pages, or really anything that has "Story" sections, or similar.
So, like the audit, editors can volunteer to cover a selection of articles from a Keyhole namespace, and they will compare the contents of each article to the corresponding KHWiki article. The easiest way to compare content is to copy-paste the text from the Keyhole article to the destination KHWiki article and hit the "Show Changes" button. Be aware that if there has been a lot of divergence, you'll still have to read the two texts to compare the contents.
First and foremost:
- If at any point you're unsure of how to handle a page, either because of how different the Keyhole's counterpart is or because of the length or significance of the article, ASK FOR HELP. If you need a supervising editor to review an article with you, list it on the appropriate subpage.
- Always follow the Manual of Style.
- A good rule of thumb, if one wiki's article hasn't had a lot of activity for a long time and its counterpart has, the counterpart will likely take precedence. (This is not absolute, so use your judgement.)
This is the main thing to keep in mind:
USE YOUR JUDGEMENT. DON'T BLINDLY COPY-PASTE, AND DON'T RUSH.
We will NOT be covering the Template, Walkthrough, or Card namespaces. We will also not be covering Userspaces or any Talk pages.
Main and Game
- IF THE KEYHOLE'S ARTICLE HAS ALREADY BEEN FANSITE'D, USE THE VERSION PRECEDING THAT POINT.
- If the difference between texts is just a matter of grammar or writing style, go with the better written text.
- Note that there will be differences in the two wikis' structures that you need to account for.
- For example, the Keyhole has more separated "Boss" articles than KHWiki, and KHWiki's "Boss" articles have been moved to the Game namespace (or "gamespace"). Another example, KHWiki is using the Japanese names for the known Dream Eaters, while the Keyhole is using the translated names used by the Kingdom Hearts news sites (e.g., Wandanyan vs. Wonder Meow). Check your destination when comparing/adding content.
- Don't bother with redirects.
- THE InfoCharacter INFOBOX IS BEING SUPERSEDED AND REPLACED BY THE Enemy INFOBOX, WHICH IS BEING REPURPOSED. DO NOT CHANGE IT BACK.
- We are not doing a full audit of files this time around. If in the course of auditing the mainspace or Galleryspace you find an image in a Keyhole article that isn't in the KHWiki counterpart, you can upload it if it is necessary for the article.
- Or, if the Keyhole has a higher quality version of an image, you can upload it as a "new version".
- If you do upload a new image, ALWAYS follow KHWiki naming conventions.
- If you come across any existing images that are incorrectly named or have a jpg file extension, reupload them accordingly.
- As with Main, be careful of differences in names.
- When uploading new images, upload in .png format, using KHWiki naming conventions.
- Do not upload redundant images, and only upload new images if they are higher quality.