Forum:Regarding the New Games & Info
Alright, thought I'd go ahead and bring this up before things really gets started. We're all excited about all the awesome stuff that has come out in the last couple of months about Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Very excited.
However, with great power comes great responsibility...er, wiki-editing skills. So far, most of the stuff posted on the new games has been fantastic. It's informative and factual, and occasionally even has a source listed. And that's the way it should remain...kept to facts. This is a wiki and as such is supposed to offer information. Speculation and guessing are great fun, but they are not fact, and therefore don't belong in articles. So, if you want to put your ideas, theories, or coincidences somewhere, put them right here in the forums and discuss away.
Also, I know we have a heavy-on-the-spoilers policy here because up until now everything had been out for a while. I'm wondering if we need to enact a spoiler policy on these games until they've been out for a few months, as some people don't like being spoiled. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thank you. And now, back to drooling over those trailers. Mmm... BebopKate 03:16, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
- Nope, no problem, and a good question. I meant primarily in the articles, mostly because people come to those from places other than the wiki itself and would need that kind of warning right there. I think just a nice basic, "The following article contains spoilers about Birth by Sleep. Proceed at your own discretion," kind of thing at the head of the article will be fine. We already have a spoiler template along those lines so it wouldn't be hard to do.
- Most forum discussion subject have titles that make it obvious spoilers are within; we might put them there if some sort of problem develops, but frankly I don't really want to storm up and down through the forums wacking people over the head with the Spoiler Tag Keyblade. BebopKate 07:23, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- Good to know I got it right the first time with the spoiler tags applying to Wikia articles.
- And yeaaap. I think the little tag you suggested would be perfect. A sort of colorful banner-ish template thing with the text you suggested, maybe, so it will catch people's eyes right away?
- And nope. I don't think that spoilers will be too much of a problem discussion-wise. Like you said, titles usually give away the contents of the thread and to some degree, I think being exposed to spoilers is a sort of 'occupational hazard' for wikia editors. I mean, if people are editing the wikia for these new games and are hanging around the wikia forums, you'd think they'd be spoiled already or at least prepared for it, right? Nik in Notherland 07:40, 12 August 2008 (UTC)