As seen on Axel's page, the Quote sections have gotten completely out of hand - and most of the quotes aren't even important. Can we come up with some kind of policy for them? Personally, I feel that quotes that reveal plot elements should be used as references within the fiction section, so the best quotes for the quote section would be
- Introduction quotes
- Final quotes
- Quotes that exemplify the character's personality.(*)
So, allowing about three "Example" quotes, there would be about five quotes per character.
For example quotes, though - many wiki's just use one, at the top of the page (the best place to show what kind of person the character is). For example, the Devil May Cry wiki uses this template, and by looking at "What Links Here" you can see it in action. You could also check tfwiki.net.
For example, right beneath Axel's introduction paragraphs, we'd have something like
- "Bingo. The name's Axel. Got it memorized?" ― Axel, Kingdom Hearts II
We could also have some creativity with these:
- "Bingo. The name's Axel. Got it memorized?" ― Axel telling it like it is, Kingdom Hearts II
Thoughts?220.127.116.11 01:46, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- What kind of quote would you consider "key"? For the most part, the quotes that are important to the plot itself would not actually be representative of the character themself.
For example, this is on Axel's page, and is important to the plot:
- "But be forewarned. When your sleeping memories awaken, you may no longer be who you are now."
But it does not give any insight into Axel. It would be better as a reference in the fiction section. This one, however, does (Kind of. The quotes on Axel's page are actually all pretty crappy):
- "You really do remember me this time... I'm SO FLATTERED! But you're TOO LATE!!"
This would be a good introduction quote, or one for the quote section. Then again, it could also work as a ref, and doesn't really give that much of an insight into his character.
But basically, I think you see what I mean. I honestly think that five quotes per page, one intro, one exit, and three personality quotes, would be reasonable, and even with Axel it's hard to find three good personality quotes there, much less eight.18.104.22.168 02:13, 27 April 2009 (UTC)