We have permission to use some gifs for ability articles. Some of the attacks in KHUX are new, a lot are reused from stuff like Re:coded. Any objections to using these? Any problems with the images that people want me to talk to the image creator about?"We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 15:08, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
- I think it would be better if we had just the attack animation, without the medal screen and stuff. TheSilentHero 18:26, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
- I'm all for it. --Webber22 (talk) 18:38, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
- It's really easy to shorten a gif just by removing the frames you don't want, so that wouldn't be a problem. What I don't like about them is that they have the wrong aspect ratio, they are squished, probably caused by the recording software. That's also something you can correct of course, by making the gif smaller, but there will obviously be quality problems since the source is already highly compressed
- I also want to remind you that the wiki software has problems with gifs that contains too many frames or are simply too big because it won't be able to resize them without breaking the playback option. We agreed that no gif should be wider than 300px some years ago, that solved most of the problems we had with them on the site.
- Also Kryten, using partner medals is probably the only way to get the rare premium animations since it's extremely unlikely to have all of them unless you spend some serious money on the game.
- And just because I can't stop speaking: Making gifs is certainly not witchcraft, using a device with recording option or an already exiting (youtube) video is already half the battle. You will still need to invest some time and with 80+ abilities in KHUX already that is a lot of work. --
- I think this is the best that can be done with these gifs at the moment. --ShardofTruth 20:46, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
- If we're using partner medals for all of them, that's fine, I was just worried that if we do some and not others, we may possibly falsely communicate that the summoning is part of the technique.
- I know I don't know much about gifs, and I know I'm asking for a lot without contributing, and I apologize."We're werewolves, not swearwolves." (KrytenKoro) 22:40, 16 May 2016 (UTC)